Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Change position of "other information"

More
11 years 11 months ago #432 by takaelton
Change position of "other information" was created by takaelton
How can l change the position of the "other information" which is currently under the captcha, to be under the contact info at the top. See attached image
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #437 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Change position of "other information"
Hello again...
Sorry, you have to override your contact page through your template... this is another issue related to the standard Joomla! contact page. Let me know if you need some info about overriding your contact page, I can help you with that.

Olivier.

More
11 years 11 months ago #440 by takaelton
Replied by takaelton on topic Re: Change position of "other information"
Yes, thanks, l would appreciate the info about overriding the cotnact page

More
11 years 11 months ago #442 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Change position of "other information"
I am about to leave for the day, but to get you started, first you need to find the files related to the contact in:
components/com_contact/views/contact/tmpl/
Copy the files you need to override (probably default.php and default_form.php) and add them to your template in:
[your site template]/html/com_contact/contact/

Modify the files to your liking, but make sure you do most of the work using styles (CSS) so you do not change too many things in these files because it will be harder for you to update to future versions of Joomla! (each time you will have to make sure you get the fixes included in the Joomla! updates for those files).

But from now on, you can change the position of your information field or your image place.

Warning: you may already have overridden files for your contact in your template. In this case, modify those files instead.

Olivier.