Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Calendar OK but cant' display images

More
11 years 5 months ago #1118 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Calendar OK but cant' display images
Gilles,
I understand your concern. This is the only way the php function from the GD library can work. So it is using it or not having the feature in the module at all. Having said that, it is totally safe AS LONG AS images are loaded from your website. It will become unsafe if images are loaded from another website, and here, you cannot control their authenticity and potential malware that could be included in them. I have no other way to deal with this as Joomla! includes images in articles as URLs and not paths.
Hope this explains the choice made here and great that you got this to work!
Thanks for your patience and perseverance in trying to find the issue you were having.
Bon courage pour la suite!

Olivier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1119 by gg007
Replied by gg007 on topic Re: Calendar OK but cant' display images
Ah oui... I understand now Olivier. Thanks for explaining. I wasn't aware that this was the only way to make it work.

I'll keep it in as I really like your module. It's the best I've found.

Mille merci pour ta patience aussi and for sticking with me to find a solution.
Gilles

More
11 years 5 months ago #1120 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Calendar OK but cant' display images
De rien!
I am looking into finding a better solution, if any. I do have an idea but I have to try it out first. I will keep you posted. Even though most hosts have the setting for fopen 'on', others keep the security tight and I want to make sure people are not required to turn it 'on' if they do not want to for security purposes.
I was wondering if you are willing to test this solution once/if I come up with it? If so, send me an email at [email protected] with the Joomla! version you want to test it on. Thank you so much!

Olivier.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1121 by gg007
Replied by gg007 on topic Re: Calendar OK but cant' display images
Sounds good! I'd love to help you out.
Email on it's way :)