Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file tags disappear, title as link

More
11 years 4 months ago #1149 by webdeveloper
tags disappear, title as link was created by webdeveloper
Hi,
I have a strange problem with this news module: if I define links or images in the article (category news), it works fine and looks normal in the editor, in the frontend the tags just disappear (not even in the page source code) and the link text is shown as normal text. This happens also, if I change the editor.
I show the intro text on that page. Could that be the problem? If yes, how can I activate the links & images also there?
Also the title is a link, even if the global and article definitions for "linked titles" are set as no. How can I avoid it? I just want to have a list of news on one page, without showing them in detail on another page.
The text filter for super user in global configuration is set as "no filtering".
I am using Joomla! 2.5.7, JCE Editor 2.2.7.2., Latest News Enhanced, XAMPP, PHP version 5.4.4.

Otherwise I just love this module, very simple to use and looks nice.
Merci for your help!
Regards,
terhi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #1150 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: tags disappear, title as link
Hello Terhi,
when you need to show tags in your text, you cannot limit the text length (nothing in the 'letter count max' box) and you need to set 'strip tags' to 'no'. This is the only way to keep the formatting of the original article.
The module does not take the global configurations into account to give more options to the user of the module. Just set 'link to articles' to 'no' in your case, that will take care of it.
Hope this helps!

Olivier.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by admin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: webdeveloper

More
11 years 4 months ago #1151 by webdeveloper
Replied by webdeveloper on topic Re: tags disappear, title as link
C'set super!! Thanks for your fast answer, that helped. I had defined the length as 10000... :(
I also had to set some tags to "keep tags", otherwise it didn't accept them. Now it is doing exactly like I want it.
Cheers, you're the best,
terhi

More
11 years 4 months ago #1154 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: tags disappear, title as link
De rien!
Glad it is working for you :-)

Olivier.