Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file External Link images (flickr)

More
11 years 2 months ago #1768 by thetoptier
External Link images (flickr) was created by thetoptier
Hi there, first I want to say what a great mod this is. Truly the best latest news module out there. Here is my problem, I used this on my own site a year ago and had no problems with getting it to work. I am now using it on a site for a client and I am getting this error:

Error
External image URLs are not allowed for security reasons (farm9.staticflickr.com/8246/8470789894_2ab8a3f72f_q.jpg)

I fully understand what this means but why does it work on my old site (installed about a year ago).

Is there a way to turn off the security feature? External linking of images is critical to keep bloat down within the install.

Thanks and again great module.

Doron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #1769 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: External Link images (flickr)
Hi Doron,
I totally understand you could need the possibility of images coming from external sites. Problem is, many users had trouble with this and setting up their server to allow it (many would simply have their service provider blocking it anyway). So I have decided to 'close' the module to not allow it anymore. I may re-think this for a future update and allow more 'advanced' options for power users. In the meantime, I can give you an older version before the changes were made to the 'closed' security update, unless you still have the version you installed a year ago.
Let me know :-)

Olivier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thetoptier

More
11 years 2 months ago #1770 by thetoptier
Replied by thetoptier on topic Re: External Link images (flickr)
Hi Oliver, thanks for your quick response. Support is as great as the module! I couldn't find the zip package from last year so I downloaded the version for 1.7. from your site. Let me know if that's the correct one. If not, could email it to me at [email protected]. Thanks again and keep up the amazing work!

More
11 years 2 months ago #1772 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: External Link images (flickr)
Thanks Doron,
it do appreciate it :-)
Let me locate the version and I will send it to you ASAP.

Olivier.