Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Setting up new BLOG page?

More
1 year 9 months ago #5717 by djcaptpln880
Setting up new BLOG page? was created by djcaptpln880
Hello
I have gantry 5 joomla 

This seems complicated to me probably because I am new to this

I am trying to setup a separate layout for my blog posts AND blog output content

I see that joomla has its own internal structure for blog posts so this seems to interfere with customizing your own layout and such

Any idea how I can setup a different layout in gantry 5 for the blog post layout AND the blog output content?

For instance, I have tried what I propose but when I click on the actual blog post it outputs a different URL Trail structure that follows the menu structure.

This seems like something a remote desktop session would be fixed by a pro who would have to log into my website.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #5718 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Setting up new BLOG page?
Hello,

I am not sure I quite understand the problem.

If you are creating a blog with LNEP, you should also create a hidden sub-menu for the articles to 'fall into'. This article will help you understand what is going on: simplifyyourweb.com/documentation/latest...ng-items-into-a-view.

Gantry probably overrides the default Joomla blog layout...

If you create 2 different blog layouts for the same articles, you are in for a problem, because articles can only open under a certain page and the router (the Joomla engine that creates the URLs) will choose the first menu item it finds appropriate.

Olivier.

More
1 year 9 months ago #5719 by djcaptpln880
Replied by djcaptpln880 on topic Setting up new BLOG page?
YEs it is hard for me to describe! :-)

I tried fiddling around with it and cannot seem to get it what I need.

You do not do remote fixes like this right? I suppose not because it's not strictly to do with LNE

More
1 year 9 months ago #5720 by syw
I could try and help but I have to understand exactly what you are looking to do. Some users sometimes send me a little video of what they are trying to achieve, that usually helps. If you want to go that route, send it to me at [email protected].

Olivier.

More
1 year 9 months ago #5724 by djcaptpln880
Replied by djcaptpln880 on topic Setting up new BLOG page?
Hello
Thx for reply sorry about delay

If you goto here:

wellnessbachelor.com/blog.html

You will see if you click on an article it shows up with mysite.com/all-articles/blog/article.html

I need to have it all mysite.com/blog/ and then when someone clicks on articles it outputs mysite.com/blog/article.html

Right now it does not do that as you can see

I know this has to do with the menu setup as well as other things. It also has to do with my use of the template in gantry 5 joomlaa

I don't know a simple answer.

More
1 year 9 months ago #5726 by syw
The main issue comes from the fact that you are using the LNEP module as main content while you should actually create a LNEP blog view (menu item).

Once done, go back to my first post in this thread where you have all the info you need to ensure articles show up under that menu item.

Olivier.