Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Link to page?

More
11 years 8 months ago #667 by michaelo
Link to page? was created by michaelo
Is there a way to link to the actual page my article is on, rather than opening the article underneath the module?
Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #668 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Link to page?
Hello,
you have to show me what you are talking about - screenshot or URL of your site (and I suspect you are talking about the Latest News Enhanced module), but as far as I can guess, it must be the case because of the way the module and/or template you are using is setup.
The module links DO link to the actual pages of articles. If the module shows up with the article, it is a Joomla! setup issue.

Olivier.

More
11 years 8 months ago #669 by michaelo
Replied by michaelo on topic Re: Link to page?
Thanks for the quick response!

The URL is 50.116.104.106/~fishingt/joomlaftr/ and yes, it is the Latest News Enhanced.

Any insight into the problem would be greatly appreciated.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #670 by admin
That is what I thought.
You are using a module in the area above the content. It will always show for every page, unless you set otherwise. You have to un-select the menu items wherever you do not want the module to show in 'menu assignment' of the module. This is a Joomla! administration feature. Un-select the menu items which lead to the showing of the articles.

Olivier.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by admin.

More
11 years 8 months ago #671 by michaelo
Replied by michaelo on topic Re: Link to page?
I guess I'm a little dense. The only menu assignment for the module is "Home" page; if I turn that off, the module goes away.

I want the module to list some articles where it is now, and when I click on either the article title or a "read more" it would take me to the actual article page?

According to my understanding of the Beez 20 template, position-12 is where the Home page content goes?

Also, it seems now that the Home page opens with one of the articles already opened below the module.

Sorry to be troublesome, but I could use some help understanding this.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #672 by admin
position-12 is a module position.
Your content will always show under that module position if there is something in that position. It is the way the template is built.
You do not have the 'home' menu to un-select only, I can see you have many menu items on your website. The one that seems to interest you is the 'industry news'. You have to un-select that menu item in order to hide the module when opening the articles when clicking on 'read more'.

Find attached an example of where you need to modify the settings to your liking.

Olivier.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by admin.