Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Link to page not working

More
8 years 7 months ago #4355 by liltrig3
Link to page? was created by liltrig3
Hi Oliver,

I am sorry have to restart this old thread.

Please take a look at themuslimexpressgh.com/opinion.html

I have LNE configured on the Opinion Page. When I click on any news link, it opens under the module. The usual way i solve this problem with other modules, is to create hidden menu item to the item category. However, in this instance, Joomla raises a duplicate alias issue because the Opinion menu has already been created in the Main Site Menu. How do i get the Links in LNE to open on their own pages.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #4356 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Link to page?
Hello,

it actually works the way it should. The module is setup to show under the 'opinions' menu item as I can see. So it will always show there no matter what. The articles in the module open under the 'Opinion' menu item, which is also what is needed.

The problem mostly comes from the position of the module. In my opinion, you should try another position for it, like under the content for instance. Like that, the articles would open under the 'Opinion' menu item and still give access to the other articles through the module at the end of the page.

If you had the module showing on the homepage only, for instance, it would open the articles under the menu item 'Opinion' section without being present in that section.

:-)

Olivier.

More
8 years 7 months ago #4357 by liltrig3
Replied by liltrig3 on topic Link to page?
Thanks for the quick response as always.

But i think there is something wrong here. I need LNE to display a list of articles under each menu item. All those menu items are Category blog/ Lists. Which under normal circumstances, should open each article on its own page.

As suggested, i have changed the position of the Module to one that is below the content area. The only thing that has changed is that, the clicked article displays above the module. But the module is still visible on the page.

I have also configured another Module named (Featured Categories), at the previous position of the opinions module and when i click on an item , it opens the article in a different page which is how i want LNE to work.

I realise that, when k2 is used as the source of articles, it does this perfectly without any problem. Only com_content has this issue.

I will plead with you to look into this as we would need to configure LNE on other pages and not on the homepage alone.

More
8 years 7 months ago #4358 by liltrig3
Replied by liltrig3 on topic Link to page?
I think i have found a solution to this.

Since Joomla will not allow me to create an two menu items with the same alias, i changed the alias for one of the category blog/list menu items.

1. I have 2 menu types, a Main Menu and a Hidden Menu.

2. Under Main Menu, which is shown on every page of the website, I have a category blog or List menu linked to individual categories. in this case, the Opinion Category by changing the alias of the menu item.

3. I created the same Opinion menu under the hidden menu but this time, leaving the alias as "opinion"

4. I set the LNE Module to display under the Main menu "Opinion" item created in step 2.

5. Now when u click on a link in the Module, it displays it on its own page.

More
8 years 7 months ago #4359 by admin
When I mentioned the 'homepage, it was just an example.

As far as I am concerned, the module works as intended. You tell it to show under a certain menu item and it does. Any article that will show under that menu item will have the module on the same page (there is no way to specify the module to show on the page of the menu item 'Opinion' and not in the subsequent pages of that same menu item in standard Joomla!). And this is not specific to this particular module.

You can try with the standard news module, packaged with Joomla!, and see if you can get a different behavior. It should not act differently. If it does, I may not have understood this issue and I apologise in advance.

There is an extension you may want to look at if you need better management of the modules. It is 'Advanced Module Manager' from NoNumber. You may find a way to tweak the standard Joomla behavior with that extension.

Olivier.

More
8 years 7 months ago #4360 by admin
Sorry got your second message after my answer...

Your work around seems to work. Great!

Olivier.