Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file My K2 thumbnails have disappeared and no matter what, will not come back

More
6 years 7 months ago #4845 by murphl31965
I have enabled 'show errors' and the site is set to 'maximum' error reporting and it throws no errors. Can you please tell me what may be wrong? I've been using this Latest News Enhanced for years and it's always worked (you had to help me fix a problem in the very beginning). It's just since the update to the new version that the thumbnails have gone away.

There is only one module that is supposed to have the thumbs and it's the one next to the slideshow on the home page. The slideshow grabs its images from K2 as well, and it's still pulling the images. I have no idea what is happening with Latest News Enhanced and I don't want to use a different component.

The URL is stage.communityshoppers.com and it's a development site. Please help!

Thanks,
Polly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #4846 by syw
Hello Polly,

as far as I can see, the module does not show any image because there is none to show (and you did not set a default picture, in case nothing has been found). Your articles have no image in the text and it seems that the images that are shown are actually the K2 image, independent of the content (text) of the K2 item.

The free version only looks at content of the text of the K2 items to retrieve images. If you need the K2 image parameter to be taken into account, that feature is available in the pro version.

Olivier.

More
6 years 7 months ago #4847 by syw
I have noticed you just purchased the support membership to ask your question (thank you!). If you ever decide to get the pro version of the module, I will refund the membership you already purchased.

Olivier.

More
6 years 7 months ago #4848 by murphl31965
You're welcome for the purchase..... but I'm confused a little bit. My previous version of Latest News Enhanced handled the images (K2 image tab) perfectly. So you're saying that if I buy the pro version it will do what the previous version did and look at the Image provided within the Image tab?

More
6 years 7 months ago #4849 by murphl31965
I have an email in to my manager, and will be in contact tomorrow (it's end of day today). I don't have the credit card :/
-stay tuned

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #4850 by syw
For your information Polly, I never remove a feature from the free version to put it into the pro version. What is in the free version stays in the free version no matter what.

Well...

That being said (I went back to the code to double check, the old version for Joomla 2.5-3 is already ancient for my memory), I have made a design choice apparently when I moved to the Joomla 3.1 version in order to parallel the free and the pro version.

And you were right! The K2 image was available in the free module as a default (!).

As a result, I will put the handling of the K2 image back into the free module for version 2.0 (which is in beta).

Give me a couple days to fix that up, I will let you know once the version is ready to download. I hope this is ok for your website.

I do apologize for the confusion!

Olivier.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by syw.