Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Configuring plugin for Jquery & Mootool conflicts

More
7 years 7 months ago #4634 by karencox01
Hello, I am getting a script error on the checkout page of my site and unable to configure the plugin in order to stop the conflict. The payment is causing a error with the menu at the top of the page 'fx.slide is not a constructor'.
Could you tell me how to configure the plugin correctly.

77.104.140.20/~restorationuk/restoration...out/task-step/step-1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #4636 by syw
Hello Karen,

I am not sure there is a conflict between jQuery and MooTools, it actually could be between 2 versions of jQuery.

You have to select, in the plugin, jQuery and jQuery UI.
You have scripts on your page that use jQuery 1.8 whereas the framework uses jQuery 1.12.4.

I would first try and set the plugin to use jQuery 1.8 and jQuery UI 1.9.2.

See if, by just setting this, it will fix the conflict.
If not, get back to me and we will try other settings. :-)

Olivier.

More
7 years 7 months ago #4637 by karencox01
Replied by karencox01 on topic Configuring plugin for Jquery & Mootool conflicts
Thanks for getting back to me. I have tried your settings above but doesn't seem to have made a change. What else could I try.

Thanks

More
7 years 7 months ago #4638 by syw
As far as I can see, the plugin does not work correctly on your site, the extra libraries that should be removed are not and I am wondering if this is because of the way the server is configured (with ~restorationuk/restorationuk.com/ in the path) or because the plugin is not properly ordered in the console of your Joomla administration (the plugin needs to be the last system plugin to be working on your site). Therefore you are still having duplicates for jQuery and jQuery UI.

You can try re-ordering plugins in the admin console. Then check if you still see the lines:
<script src="/~restorationuk/restorationuk.com/media/jui/js/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
	<script src="/~restorationuk/restorationuk.com/media/jui/js/jquery-noconflict.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
	<script src="/~restorationuk/restorationuk.com/media/jui/js/jquery-migrate.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
	<script src="/~restorationuk/restorationuk.com/media/jui/js/bootstrap.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
	<script src="/~restorationuk/restorationuk.com/media/jui/js/jquery.ui.core.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
If you do, then the plugin is not helping.

Note that you are missing the sub-version for jQuery UI in the configuration of jQuery Easy. You should put '2'.

Olivier.

More
7 years 7 months ago #4639 by karencox01
Replied by karencox01 on topic Configuring plugin for Jquery & Mootool conflicts
Hello, I have tried your above with no success, so I contacted the hosts who have set it up so you can access the website like it was in a live state, buy changing the /etc/hosts file and adding this:

77.104.140.20 restorationuk.com www.restorationuk.com

I have been doing some checking and alot of the script conflicts seem to be solved but I am still getting that one menu conflict on the checkout still. This is the other URL you can use after altering the hosts file.
www.restorationuk.com/restorationuk.com/...out/task-step/step-1

If you can have a look again and see what other settings I could try.

Thanks

More
7 years 7 months ago #4640 by syw
Hello Karen,

the plugin still has no effect on the source code of your pages.
Please send your credentials at [email protected] and I will take a look from the backend of your site.
Thank you!

Olivier.