Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Can I use jQuery Easy on specifies pages only?

More
11 years 10 months ago #456 by AwesomeCoffee
Can I use jQuery Easy on specifies pages only? was created by AwesomeCoffee
I installed jQuery Easy to solve a problem I had encountered with a Google Map in 'Contact Enhanced Module'. jQuery Easy solved this issue, but caused the K2 image slider on my homepage to stop loading.
Website is: www.reallyawesomecoffee.co.uk
Currently jQuery Easy is inactive and the homepage woks as normal but you can see the Google Map greyed out on the Contact page.
Is it possible to have jQuery Easy work it's magic on selected pages only?
Thanks for any help - as a relative newbie to web stuff I have managed to confuse myself somewhat!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #457 by admin
Hello,
the current version only allows to disable jQuery Easy in specific pages, not the other way around. It will come in the next update.
I am not sure you should actually use the plugin.
K2 has specific code that works perfectly in avoiding MooTools conflicts as I see it.
I can also see you have code in 'scripts.js' that needs to be modified from
jQuery(document).ready(function()
to
jQuery(document).ready(function($)
But that may not be the only thing that has to be modified.
Take a look at this article to correct the remaining scripts. You do have a lot of scripts using jQuery and you will have to check each one to avoid any conflict.

Olivier.

More
11 years 10 months ago #458 by AwesomeCoffee
Replied by AwesomeCoffee on topic Re: Can I use jQuery Easy on specifies pages only?
Thanks Oliver,
Changing the code it script.js didn't do the trick so I will have a look at the article you recommended tomorrow.
As a short term fix how do I disable jQuery Easy in specific pages - currently it's only the nivo.slider on my homepage that is affected negatively by jQuery Easy?

More
11 years 10 months ago #459 by admin
Hello,
just go to the advanced options for expert users and find the option 'disable in pages'. Just add your page links in the input box (instructions in the tooltip).

Olivier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AwesomeCoffee

More
11 years 10 months ago #460 by AwesomeCoffee
Replied by AwesomeCoffee on topic Re: Can I use jQuery Easy on specifies pages only?
Thanks again Oliver, this did the trick until I hear back from my template provider. Really appreciate the help :)

More
11 years 10 months ago #461 by admin
You are welcome :-)

Olivier.