Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Where to start?

• mlies
  • mlies's Avatar Topic Author
11 years 7 months ago #790 by mlies
Where to start? was created by mlies
Hello
I like to speed up my website.
I used JCH optimize and when I try to combine CSS the sites looks like a mess and when I try to combine Javascript files the appealing header of the site is not scrolling anymore. So I thought: I download jQuery Easy. (All reactions are so positive.)
So, Now I changed the parameter "Disable Mootools when possible" that works fine, (a very tiny difference).
My question is:

What is the best thing to do now to try to speed up my website? Is there documentation about the parameters I can read, because I dont know which parameter means what exactly... Now all the defaults (except mootools) are on, and nothing spectaculair happens...

I hope you can help me on my way.
Kind regards
Marlies

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #793 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Where to start?
Hello Marlies,
using jQuery Easy for the purpose of speeding up your website may sound like a good idea (it cleans the code, tidies most of the header, removes potential multiple jQuery libraries...) but all that work comes with a price, as the plugin relies on regular expressions to scan all pages. That is why you cannot see much difference between the before and after. You gain speed on one side, but loose on another.
One extra thing you can try is to disable the 'strip blank lines' option which is time consuming on long pages.
Thank you for thinking of jQuery Easy, I actually am working on the plugin to make it faster and improve the MooTools options.

Olivier.

More
11 years 7 months ago #794 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Where to start?
I forgot to mention: you can download the documentation for the plugin on the website.

Olivier.