Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file How to start?

More
11 years 1 week ago #2150 by dounne
How to start? was created by dounne
Hello,

I have a [url=http//www.liberton.es]website[/url] running under Joomla 3 just for tests and I was looking for a Jquery solution.
I installed your plugin and activated it but, even after reading the docs (I promise), I can not make it work. I am a newbie and there is a lot of things I do not manage very well.
Looking at the source code I think Joomla is loading some *.js files ... and for another part, when I use HTML code with the TinyEditor, it automatically put some advise message :
// <![CDATA[
$("#tabs").tab();
// ]]

Is this a conflict with such Mootool?
What should I do ? As said before it is only a website for test purposes so if you need access, no problem at all ...

Thank you very much !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #2151 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: How to start?
Hello,
yes, indeed, that code is conflicting with MooTools.
There is nothing more you can do with jQuery Easy right now, it is setup alright with the default settings as far as I can tell.
You need to use jQuery("#tabs").tab(); for the jQuery code to work here. '$' is reserved for MooTools.
Actually, the best way would be for you to include the jQuery code in a 'document ready' syntax.
You will find plenty of information on my website talking about this subject (in the developer's section).
Good luck!

Olivier.
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by admin.

More
11 years 1 week ago #2152 by dounne
Replied by dounne on topic Re: How to start?
Thank you so much for your fast answer ...
Are you actually telling me the solution for Joomla 3 would be to link/"attach" some file with the information of the jquery version needed?
So I would need to upload it to my server and then link it for each article .. or in the index.php would be enough?

thank you again !

More
11 years 1 week ago #2153 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: How to start?
I am not saying anything of the sort :-)

I am just advising you to add the code you have for jQuery in :
jQuery(document).ready(function($) { 
    $("#tabs").tab();
});

to avoid MooTools conflicts.

Olivier.