Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file CK Slideshow

More
8 years 9 months ago #4315 by Shope
CK Slideshow was created by Shope
Hi,
We have a site www.parrotmag.com/ that has developed an issue with the slideshows on the homepage no longer showing, the problem appearing seems to co-incide with a failed Kunena update via Watchful which has now been updated manually and is ok.
Have been using Jquery Easy as advised by CK slideshow and everything was working well until a couple of days ago. I've checked the settings but no joy identifying the issue.

Would appreciate if you have any ideas.
thank you
Sara
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #4316 by admin
Replied by admin on topic CK Slideshow
Hello Sara,

what I can see first hand when I look at the screenshot you provided:
- you add Migrate, which in unnecessary when using jQuery 1.8.
- the plugin removes window.hkjQuery = jQuery.noConflict(); (the first line): either leave it as it is or re-inject that line in the expert area of the plugin or disable the removal of the noConflict code (you may want to try each option).

In the source code, I can see:

- www.parrotmag.com/media/juloalib/js/fullnoconflict.js should be removed.
This may be the origin of the issues here. It replaces jQuery with jQ, therefore the carousel can't find jQuery.
Add /media/juloalib/js/fullnoconflict.js to the list of files the plugin should remove (expert area).

Olivier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shope

More
8 years 8 months ago #4327 by Shope
Replied by Shope on topic CK Slideshow
Having fixed the slideshow we've now discovered with jquery easy enabled we can't delete files in the admin backend and slideshow CK is not responding.
Please could you help.
thanks
Sara

the report says
added the jQuery library ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8/jquery.min.js
added the jQuery UI library ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.9/jquery-ui.min.js
added the jQuery UI CSS file ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1...s/base/jquery-ui.css

More
8 years 8 months ago #4328 by admin
Hello Sara,

The administration backend is only affected if you enable jQuery in the backend which I strongly advise against if you are not familiar with the plug-in and jQuery. Only use it if necessary and because you had an issue in the backend. Otherwise only use the plug-in for your slideshow issues in the front-end.

Olivier.

More
8 years 8 months ago #4329 by admin
I checked the page.
You have issues with the noConflict() code. I suspect you turned the resolution of noconflict code off in the jQuery Easy plugin. You should have the plugin remove all noconflict code and add its own. Otherwise it won't work for you.

Olivier.

More
8 years 8 months ago #4330 by Shope
Replied by Shope on topic CK Slideshow
I'm a bit confused in an earlier post you suggested
"disable the removal of the noConflict code."
I've changed the settings as suggested to use the plugin only for the front-end this has worked.
I'm not knowledgeable enough and am reluctant to change anything else when it's working...
Sara