Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Can't resolve conflict with Zefania plugin

More
8 years 5 months ago #4408 by Aradise
I realize the JQuery plugin isn't a instant cure-all solution and I also understand that I needed to read all the documentation but after doing so, I'm not seeing any light at the end of tunnel. Prior to paying a coder to step in, I'm hoping there may a simple solution in my situation.

allsaintsweb.org/welcome/worship/scripture-readings

This is where you can see the conflict between a plugin named Zefania Bible Scripture Links and the RokSprocket module. I contacted the developer of both and neither could solve the issue. In fact, RT sent me here.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #4409 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Can't resolve conflict with Zefania plugin
Hello Tony,

I am looking at the page and do not see any conflict. What is not functioning? What do I need to do to fail the page and see the problem?
Thanks!

Olivier.

More
8 years 5 months ago #4410 by Aradise
Replied by Aradise on topic Can't resolve conflict with Zefania plugin
Sorry, could you take another look? I had to temporarily disable the plugins to return editing functionality for a user (which is another issue).

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #4411 by admin
No problem, of course.
But going back to your page, I still don't see any problem on it...

Olivier.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by admin.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #4412 by Aradise
Replied by Aradise on topic Can't resolve conflict with Zefania plugin
Compare this page allsaintsweb.org/welcome/worship/scripture-readings to this page allsaintsweb.org/welcome/worship/baptism.

If you look at the news scroller, you 'll see that the navigation arrows disappear (left and right of the grey module) on the page in question. Both RT and the creator of the plugin told me it is a JQuery conflict.

When I view the page source, I see various version loading, which maybe we're all assuming they conflict. No?
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by admin.

More
8 years 5 months ago #4413 by admin
Tony,

thank you for giving me some example I can work with. I had no idea the top banner was supposed to scroll.

There are no jQuery library duplicates (all the lines in your screenshot represent different elements of jQuery that are distinct) and there are no javascript errors in the browser console.

Enable jQuery Easy to make sure the libraries are loaded in the perfect order (you can pretty much use the plugin with its defaults, but you still need to select jQuery + jQuery UI and set their versions (use the framework versions), without forgetting to select 'Migrate' also.

The only difference I see from the 2 pages you gave me is that one loads jQuery first, the other loads MooTools first.

Therefore, enabling the plugin as suggested should fix the problem as it will 'force' the loading of all your libraries on all your pages the same way (loading MooTools before jQuery like on the page that works properly).

Olivier.