Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file mod_bare_jquery question

More
11 years 3 months ago #1426 by arjand
mod_bare_jquery question was created by arjand
Hi,
I have been playing around with the mod_bar_jquery mod you posted in your articles.

however i cant get it to work with a simple form (just 1 field) and with the given input triggering the load_jquery (giving the result back of the db query)

I have changed the query in getParams, and when var_dump the $list it does give back the result i want.

could you point me in the right direction to get the mod working with a form (and db query)?

cheers
arjan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #1427 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: mod_bare_jquery question
Hello Arjan,
I am not sure how I can help, I don't really understand what the problem is, sorry. I would need to see your code. When you talk about a form, is it the module's parameter form? The module is meant to show you how to include jQuery into a module, not meant to tutor you into creating a module. Please contact me at [email protected] for further questions, thanks!

Olivier.

More
11 years 3 months ago #1428 by arjand
Replied by arjand on topic Re: mod_bare_jquery question
Hi Olivier,
The problem isnt the module itself, the example is perfect.

I am just trying to extend the working sample by replacing the "run-test" by a submit button that passes some var from a textfield to the helper file.

the whole MVC in joomla just confuses me which piece of jquery/ajax code goes where in combination with a form.
Unfortunately there arent many good examples out there. guess you are the only one who is a bit up to date.

More
11 years 3 months ago #1430 by admin
Ok, I understand somewhat better now. You should look for tutorials on the web for what you are trying to accomplish. I myself use jQuery for specific frontend issues, not for form submission. Maybe you should try and look for modules in the Joomla! Extension Directory that post forms and use jQuery to do so. In that way you would have examples to learn from.

Olivier.

More
11 years 3 months ago #1435 by arjand
Replied by arjand on topic Re: mod_bare_jquery question
Cheers Olivier,
it was worth trying.
I was searching for days how to accomplish it, i once managed to do something similar in 1.5, but that didnt work anymore because too much had changed in joomla.
Unfortunately there isnt a tutorial or guide for those things. lots of people talking about it, pieces of it.
After 3 days of searching puzzling and pulling out all my hair i finally managed to accomplish what i wanted.

thnx again, your module certainly helped me a step further.

More
11 years 3 months ago #1436 by admin
Hello,
I am glad you were able to figure it out, sorry about not being of much help other than by the module...

Olivier.