Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file lay-out authors page in demo

More
11 years 3 months ago #1289 by ubaghs
lay-out authors page in demo was created by ubaghs
I've installed Trombinoscope in joomla 2.5.8 and was hoping I could make the same nice page as you see on demo.simplifyyourweb.com/index.php/authors/17-victor-hugo

So what I would like is that if you click on a picture in the left column you see the details of that author in a right column next to it.
Is that possible with Trombinoscope or do I need the extended version of Trombinoscope?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #1295 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: lay-out authors page in demo
Hello,
you can definitely do that with Trombinoscope, just make the module visible only on the contact category menu page you have or will need to create. You probably will have to make the body of the contact in the module to display to 'none' (class 'personinfo') so you only see the picture. It works well on the demo site as the module shows in the left column of the template used.

Olivier.

More
11 years 3 months ago #1300 by ubaghs
Replied by ubaghs on topic Re: lay-out authors page in demo
Hi, thanks for your quick reaction.

The first part I understand. My menu button links to the Contacts Component and the trobinoscope module will only be shown on that page. This works already.

What I don't understand is this: You probably will have to make the body of the contact in the module to display to 'none' (class 'personinfo') so you only see the picture.

I started with two persons in my list. If I click on a person the information is shown underneath the list, but I want the information to be shown on the right side just as in your example. In the file I sent you you can see that the information is at the bottom.
Do I need to change anything in the module or in the contacts component?
Attachments:

More
11 years 3 months ago #1303 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: lay-out authors page in demo
Forget about the part you did not understand, you did it already.
Now, to have the module on the side, this is dealt in your template. The template needs to have a position available to show modules on the left of the content. Right now, you have the module showing in a template position that is above the content.

Olivier.