Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Version 1.1.2 download

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #1224 by aleh
Version 1.1.2 download was created by aleh
Hi,
I'm attempting to use you module but once installed it indicates v1.1.1 in the extensions manager. I was expecting v1.1.2.

Can this be the cause of me unable to use the module in joomla2.5, I can't seem to see the Trombinoscope menu item type (as seen in this attachment)?

Thank you

Attachment not found

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by aleh. Reason: remove image as it may contain sensitive data

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1225 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Version 1.1.2 download
Hello,
modules are not accessible through the menu item types, only through the module manager. Go to the module manager and add a new module. You will find Trombinoscope there.
Also, as explained on the website, new features are only available for Joomla! 2.5 and over. There was a need for a bug fix in the version 1.1.1 of the module for Joomla! 2.5, so only that version went up to 1.1.2.
Sorry if that is a little confusing... There is no way to distinguish versions in the Joomla! Extensions Directory. Since I had updated the version for Joomla! 2.5, I had to update the module page... That is why you can find all information on the website. If you downloaded the module for Joomla! 1.5, 1.6 or 1.7 on the website, it said version 1.1.1 and not 1.1.2. Hope this makes sense...

Olivier.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1226 by aleh
Replied by aleh on topic Re: Version 1.1.2 download
Hi
thanks for the quick reply.
I'm using the joomla 2.5 extension, but after installing from the download link it still shows 1.1.1.

I can see the module in module manager but I'm not sure how to link it to the menu item. I'm sorry if I'm missing something, but I can't find installation instructions only for the extended version (which is where it indicated that theres a menu item that can be added)
Thanks again for any further assistance.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1227 by admin
I just realized this is a mistake... I forgot to update the version number. Sorry for misunderstanding you. You have the latest version though. I will fix this as soon as I am done with this message.
You will NOT be able to use the module as a menu item, this is special to the paid version. The paid version is NOT a module, it is a component that has different parts (menu item, module, plugins).
The free module is just a regular module, as I explained previously. Create an instance of the module in the module manager, select a contact category, a template position and that is all you need to have it working, really.

Olivier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aleh

More
11 years 5 months ago #1236 by aleh
Replied by aleh on topic Re: Version 1.1.2 download
Thank you for your help. Got it working! - I wasn't selecting the position in the module, as I was assuming it would appear in my contacts article :oops: .

I used position user1 and added a blank article with {loadposition user1}.

Perfect, thanks again :cheer:

More
11 years 5 months ago #1238 by admin
You are very welcome :-)
Glad you have it working now.

Olivier.