Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file managing jquery in joomla

More
3 years 7 months ago #5269 by equilibriumx
managing jquery in joomla was created by equilibriumx
As you might know Joomla jquery version is pretty old, so it is always reported as a security issue in lighthouse reports. 
I downloaded the plugin BUT I have JCH Optimize, and clearly states that it conflicts with it.
Any ideas on how to use Jquery easy and get rid of this issue in joomla?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #5270 by syw
Replied by syw on topic managing jquery in joomla
Hello,

the jQuery version packaged with Joomla has been patched with all security issues fixed in later versions of jQuery. Therefore, the reports are not correct if they only base their findings on the jQuery version number and not the content of the library files. That assumes you are up-to-date with your Joomla version as well.

You can try jQuery Easy in conjunction with JCHOptimize. The latest version addressed some of the compatibility issues and they can work together in more cases than before. Make sure you empty the JCH Optimise cache first before you make all your changes (or better yet: turn off JCH, purge all JCH cache files, setup jQuery Easy and turn JCH back on, making sure all changes are still there).

Olivier.

More
3 years 7 months ago #5271 by equilibriumx
Replied by equilibriumx on topic managing jquery in joomla
Hello, thanks for your answer. I did as indicated
Disabled JCH, cleared the cache
Selected Jquery and enabled EasyJquery 
Enable Jch

Then, the page doesnt load properly. I guess should be a conflict with the template? I am no advanced user, so I guess there should be advanced settings in your plugin I am missing.
BTW my Joomla is 3.9.21

Cheers

More
3 years 7 months ago #5272 by syw
Make sure the option 'Head-only modifications' is set to 'yes' for best chances of compatibility with JCHOptimize (since you only need changes for the jQuery library which usually happen in the head part of an html document).

If you need additional support, if you don't have one, you can purchase a support membership on this site (from the jQuery Easy download page). 

Otherwise, your version of jQuery is safe, despite what tools tell you. Like I said previously, the Joomla team back-ported the fixes made to newer versions of jQuery as far as security is concerned.

Olivier.

More
3 years 7 months ago #5280 by equilibriumx
Replied by equilibriumx on topic managing jquery in joomla
Olivier... 
I have still these issues in lighthouse
Remove Unused javascript
Jquery.min.js
255.6 KiB146.3 KiB
Does not use passive listeners
jquery.min.js
Reduce javascript execution time
Jquery .min.js
1,246 ms1,004 ms68 ms
Minimize main thread-work ...Script evaluation  1,807ms

Can the plugin help me to solve these? Will you set the plugin correctly for me if I subscribe to the pro version? 

Cheers,

Eduardo

More
3 years 7 months ago #5281 by syw
Hello Eduardo,

the plugin can help if you have several versions of jQuery loaded on the page. It will remove the duplicates.

Also, using a CDN (having the jQuery file loaded from an external server close to the location of the visitor) mais reduce the loading time (you should test loading jQuery locally and loading it through Google CDN with the jQuery Easy plugin). Keep the solution that works best for your site.

As far as execution time is concerned, the plugin can help in the sense that you can choose a newer version of jQuery to run on your page. The latest jQuery versions are more lightweight and working more efficiently so you may reduce the execution time and the loading time by using the latest jQuery version. Now you have to make sure all your scripts can work well with the latest jQuery version. It would be even better if you could avoid loading Migrate. But that will depend on the javascript that relies on jQuery to work. Migrate may be required to keep the old scripts working (Migrate makes sure those scripts keep working even though they may use code that was removed from jQuery).

You should be able to test all that by yourself, but if you need extra help, you are welcome to purchase a support membership, as I mentioned before. The Pro version can help with Bootstrap and can target specific pages so you don't have to have the plugin modifications forced on the whole site. It also allows you to have different configurations on different parts of your site (so, for instance, you can use jQuery 1.12 on some pages and jQuery 3 on others).

Olivier.