Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file No module present after LNE 6.6.1 installation

More
1 year 7 months ago #5741 by webhorscaddy
Hi,
I'am currently using LNE 4.0.1 and installed LNE 6.6.1 in preparation of the J3 upgrade to J4.
Issue: Can not find the module for the LNE v 6.6.1

As I am using many LNE module positions on the website and I do not want to rewrite all these module positions again....
Question: can I find the settings somewhere to copy or is there another way to migrate the current 4.0.1 modules to 6.6.1?

Joomla 3.10.11
PHP 8.1.10

Thanks..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #5742 by syw
Hello,

as you can see at simplifyyourweb.com/documentation/latest...ating-older-versions, there have been many changes since you installed v4.0.1. That version is 5 years old and got updated regularly over the years.

If you have created template overrides of the module, they will certainly not work on the latest Latest News Enhanced version. That is a likely reason for the module to fail.

You should make sure your site is in debug mode and that error reporting is set to 'maximum' (in the global configuration of the site) to see what errors are coming to light.

Now, if you cannot see the module in the administration console, this is another issue. I don't see a reason for it to fail, I would have to check it out myself to figure it out.

Olivier.

More
1 year 7 months ago #5743 by webhorscaddy
Replied by webhorscaddy on topic No module present after LNE 6.6.1 installation
Thanks Olivier for your quick reply.
Indeed the module of the LNE 6.6.1 does not show up in de administration modules console. Also if a try to open a new LNE module, it is the v4.0.1 I get. Both LNE versions are activated in the extension management.

I hope you can help me with this...

More
1 year 7 months ago #5744 by syw
Send credentials of your site to [email protected] and I will check it out. Thank you!

Olivier.

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #5745 by syw
I understand the problem now. You owned a PRO license and tried to install the free version over it.

However, the PRO and free versions did not have the same name 5 years ago. So, the system considers them 2 separate extensions.

To be able to update the module instances created with Latest News Enhanced Pro, you need to install the pro version

Olivier.
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by syw.