Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Latest News Enhanced - Articles always loaded below article list

More
9 months 3 days ago #5976 by kuentabazura
Hi! I have upgraded a website to Joomla 4 and the plugins for Latest News Enhanced (not pro version). 
On Joomla 3, the LNE was configured to show a list of articles (news type of articles), and when clicked on an article from the list, it would open the article itself. Easy.
After the upgrade (which required reinstalling the LNE) the list is displayed again, but when clicking on an article, it loads the article below the list.
(Specifically, it reloads the page with the list and then appends the article itself below).
I cannot find the settings anymore to omit reloading the list / opening the article itself only. At least switching the article to be loaded above the articles list would be an improvement.
Thanks for the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 days ago #5977 by syw
Hello!

There is no change in functionality between the Joomla 3 and 4 versions of Latest News Enhanced.

The behavior you describe seems to relate to the value that is set in the 'linking' parameter section. Specifically, check the 'Link Target' parameter. You probably have it set to 'inline' (which shows the articles under the module) rather than 'default' or 'same window'.

However, the 'inline' feature is for the pro version only.
So, I am wondering if you have the pro version installed on your system.
I noticed a mistake a few weeks back where the pro version was swapped with the free one and you may have installed the pro version as a result.

Please confirm and contact me at [email protected] for a resolution of the matter. Thank you!

Olivier.

More
9 months 2 days ago #5982 by kuentabazura
Hi Oliver! Thanks for the quick reply.
I am on the free version, as I don't have access to the pro functions.
The article to load has been set to "same window". Changing it to "new window" works as intended but still loads the entire list first with the article below, for example.
Have you had similar experiences with Joomla 4 overwriting something somewhere? The upgrade process was rather messy...
Thanks!
Chris

More
9 months 2 days ago #5983 by syw
Thank you, Chris for the explanations. I better understand the situation.
I think what is happening here is a problem of configuration.

If you have the module on the home page for instance (the default page) and the articles are not tied to a specific menu item, the articles will open in the home page, therefore showing the module in the process alongside the single article.

You have to setup a menu item for your articles to show under. It can be a hidden menu item if you don't want to add a menu item to your menu.
That way, you can control what module instances show/do not show on the page the articles open into. That menu item can be of article category type.

If that's not it, please send me an email at [email protected] with some credentials so I can check your configuration.

Thank you!

Olivier.