Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file jquery issue on k2 filter page

More
5 years 4 months ago #5099 by jenniedee
Replied by jenniedee on topic jquery issue on k2 filter page
Hello Olivier
Well everything was OK after all the upgrades when I checked, but we just went live with the site after which I discovered this page had stopped working again!
So I may need your help after all.
I now have a live URL at least. I've disabled the problem page but I've made a copy of it here:
aberdovey-holidays.com/properties-2
There seems to be a problem with the security certificate, don't know if that has anything to do with anything.
Let me know if you think you'd be able to take a look
Best wishes
Jennie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #5100 by syw
Replied by syw on topic jquery issue on k2 filter page
Hello Jennie,

I checked the page and found out at first glance that you have at least 2 instances of jQuery loaded on the page. 
You may want to try jQuery Easy on that page to eliminate the duplicates. Use the version 'Joomla framework'. 
Once done, let me know and I will check your page again.
Make sure you enable the reporting tool on the page also in order to check what happens on the page.

Olivier.

More
5 years 4 months ago #5101 by jenniedee
Replied by jenniedee on topic jquery issue on k2 filter page
Hi Olivier
I've done these things but as soon as I enable the jquery easy plugin, the mobile menu stops working throughout the site, even though I've only applied the modules to the properties page. So as it's live I've had to disable the plugin or the site won't work on mobiles. I can see that on the home page it is loading this when the plugin is enabled:

<script src="/media/syw_jqueryeasyprofiles/js/jquerynoconflict.js" type="text/javascript"></script>Would it help if I set you up with a login so that when you are ready to have a look, you can enable the plugins?
The report gave the following info if that helps:
Using the parameters of the
Jquery fix for filter page
profile jQuery is loaded by the template Bootstrap is loaded by the template re-ordered header libraries removed 1
jquery-noconflict.js
script(s) removed jQuery library
/media/jui/js/jquery.min.js?0b6811208ecdcfcd7bd09e8d6bbd1f9c
 skipped the removal of
media/jui/js/chosen.jquery.min.js
 removed jQuery library
https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1/jquery.min.js
 added the jQuery library
/media/jui/js/jquery.min.js
 removed 1 Migrate script(s) added the script
/media/jui/js/jquery-noconflict.js
 removed 4 empty script tag(s)

Many thanks
Jennie

More
5 years 4 months ago #5102 by syw
Replied by syw on topic jquery issue on k2 filter page
Jennie,

thanks for the feedback.

It seems like you have omitted to include Migrate, which is necessary for the version of jQuery you are using. It is necessary in case older scripts have incompatible code with the newer jQuery library version.

If it still does not work after you tried to add Migrate, please send me the credentials to [email protected].

Olivier.