Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file YooTheme Template CSS Styling Overrides LNE CSS

More
11 years 6 months ago #1016 by brunotedeschi
We are using this on a YooTheme template. It works fine when the module doesn't have styling. But in this particular template, we can add style-box to the latest news enhanced module. When we do however, it seems to override Latest News Enhanced Modeule's CSS coding. It just puts bullets in and creates large spacing. If we select the calendar sytling, it gets completely overridden by the YooTheme template module styling. Is there a way to overcome that? We need a box around the latest news module so it stands out.

Here is the relevant code: You can see where the <li> tag gets introduced out of nowhere...

<section id="bottom-b" class="grid-block outer"><div class="grid-box width50 grid-h"><div class="module mod-box mod-box-color deepest">

<h3 class="module-title">Healthcare Headlines</h3>
<div class="latestnewsenhancedextended_style-box color-color newslist vertical">

<ul class="latestnews-items">

<li class="latestnews-item">

<div class="news odd head_right">
<div class="innernews">

<div class="newshead">
<div class="calendar noimage">
<span class="position1 month">Oct</span>

<span class="position2 day">5</span>
<span class="position3 year">2012</span>
</div>
</div>

<div class="newsinfo">

<h4 class="newstitle">
<a href="/index.php/newsroom/healthcare-headlines-main/25-10-4-christie-administration-gains-federal-approval-for-medicaid-reforms" title="Christie Administration Gains Federal Approval for Medicaid Reforms" rel="nofollow"> <span>Christie Administration Gains Federal Approval for Medicaid Reforms</span>
</a>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #1017 by admin
Hello,
the <li> tags do not come out of nowhere :-) Each news item is a list item, which is particularly useful when animating them. It is built in the module.
I am afraid you will have to override your templates's CSS properties when applied to the module (if necessary, using the !important keyword). This is the only way to get around it. I cannot be more specific, I would have to see the page itself to be able to suggest any modifications.

Olivier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.