Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

question-circle Assistance with Overlap Style

More
11 years 3 months ago #1525 by nsheehan
Assistance with Overlap Style was created by nsheehan
Good morning,

I'm having some fun today learning how to use the LNEE module. I've had success with creating Latest News Modules using the calendar options, and a thumbnail image, however the Overlap style was why I purchased this module and it's giving me the hardest time.

I have been able to get Intro images to display, but there is no intro text overlapping the image, just the image. What we endup with is an image slider. Part two of the issue is if we select an animation style only one image out of 5 is displayed, if the animation is off the images are shown vertically as expected, but without any text from the article. Can you provide any suggestions?

Thank you again for a very cool module!

Niall Sheehan
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #1526 by nsheehan
Replied by nsheehan on topic Image and Animation issues
Good morning again.
Sorry for starting a new post, however as the original post isn't published this was the only option.

The first post indicated that with the style 'overlap' I get images only, no text. I have tested with Intro text, Metadata, intro images, article images etc and have the same issues regardless. I have been testing the different animation types and these do not work as expected making me wonder if there is something else happening. As discussed in a different thread the Bottom up animation works, loads articles and images using the style Original only. The Right to Left animation also works but only loads the first article. Left to right and top down animations do not work instead bottom up and right to left are used.

Recapping the issues:
1. Overlap is not displaying text, this is the style we would like to use.
2. Only the Original style is displaying an image and text.
3. Animation bottom-up and right to left work, top down and left to right do not, they go the opposite direction.
4. only the bottom up animation will load/display more than a single article, others show the first article only.

Display errors is on, jQuery is loaded, I can provide access, let me know where to send credentials.

Thank you again.
Niall

More
11 years 3 months ago #1528 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Assistance with Overlap Style
Hello Niall,
I am glad you like the module!
It is rather difficult for me to diagnose what is going on here, it probably is a conflict in CSS properties but I can help you fix it if I have a live URL I can look at. I also would need screenshots of the parameters you have selected if possible (I can try and do without, the live URL is the most important).
Thank you!

Olivier.

More
11 years 3 months ago #1530 by admin
Just saw your second post...
The posts are moderated before put online, to avoid putting online information that would have nothing to do with this website's content.
You seem having quite a lot of issues here, they must be related to CSS issues and as asked above, I need to see a live URL to diagnose where this is coming from. If you don't have a live URL, please send your test site credentials to [email protected]. Thank you!

Olivier.

More
11 years 3 months ago #1532 by admin
I went back to the module and tried to reproduce the problem on my own server. I realized that a modification I made in the previous version is the cause for the issues you are having. The function that compresses the CSS files and merging all of them into one is at fault and makes the module ignore some properties (especially the ones necessary for the overlap style).
I do apologize for that. I will issue an update by the end of the day after I have made sure all is working fine.

Olivier.