Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Site will not show

More
10 years 6 months ago #3276 by neiljames
Site will not show was created by neiljames
Hi,

I have just installed this module and added the module to an article using the modules anywhere plug in. When I try to go to the site home page all I get is a blank screen (the home page is set for the single article the module has been included)
I am using localhost and the page title is showing http://localhost/mysite/ when I change the article by deleting the module it displays fine and the page title shows only HOME.
I have checked out the forum and very reluctantly paid the extra (which is shocking by the way)and cannot find a solution.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #3279 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Site will not show
Hello,
Are you talking about Latest News Enhanced Extended or Latest News Enhanced? If you are using the commercial component, you did not have to pay for posting in the forum, support is included when you buy the component. The forum is also free to consult btw.
Have you tried the module as a standalone to see if it works in the first place?

Olivier.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by admin.

More
10 years 6 months ago #3281 by admin
A mistake a lot of people running into a 'blank screen' problem do is forgetting the download of the external library syw_lib, despite all warnings on the site and after the extensions installs.
That may be your case.

Olivier.

More
10 years 6 months ago #3283 by neiljames
Replied by neiljames on topic Re: Site will not show
Nope the lib is in place

More
10 years 6 months ago #3284 by neiljames
Replied by neiljames on topic Re: Site will not show
I have tried removing the article with the module attached to the home menu selection and replaced it using another article but this time selecting the module and allocating it a module position and still it does not work.
When I first installed this module and created an article with the module inside using the modules anywhere plug in and attached it as a single article to the home page it worked fine, showed the news items I wanted on the home page. I then added some text to the article and this is when it stopped working.
I do not understand the following,
1) When I select home page without the article that includes this module the page title shows HOME
2) When I select the home page with the article that has the module the page title shows http://localhost/mysite/ and has a blank screen
3) It is Latest News Enhanced Extended.

It is sad to have to pay extra for access to the forum when things go wrong for a bona fide customer, I appreciate the spam but this is not our problem to solve.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #3286 by admin
Once again, you DID NOT HAVE TO PAY to use the forum as you bought a commercial version of the module.
Could you please give me your paypal transaction number for the module as I could not find it. I cannot find it when users use PayPal under a different name/email address as the one created on the website (or the license is expired). Once received, I will refund your payment for the forum. For more privacy, send it to [email protected]
Thank you!

Olivier.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by admin.