Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Site will not show

More
10 years 6 months ago #3295 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Site will not show
For your problem:
- did you modify the module's title? In which case the title used in the article is no longer correct,
- did you override some code while editing the article? (check the source and make sure you still get the {})

Olivier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #3296 by neiljames
Replied by neiljames on topic Re: Site will not show
For the record my commercial license fee was refunded :) Thank You.
All of your suggestions are already OK.
What I do not understand is why the the Browser page title on the blank screen is trying to point the page to http://localhost/mysite when everything is set up to point to the Menu Item Title, when I revert back to the article without the module the default Menu Item Article.

I have tried everything and does not work, I will try on the live site and see if it works on that otherwise I will have to write this great module off

More
10 years 6 months ago #3297 by admin
Great to see that this license issue is finally sorted out.

I think you are focusing too much on what the page points to. It is common when there is an error: the framework just gives you the root of the site.
Right now there is nothing that tells me the module is the problem. Especially that you said it worked until you changed something else not related to the module.
So many things can go wrong: it may be the way the framework bhaves, the way the plugin used in the article works...
Now, to fix this issue, try and set the server option 'error reporting' in your Joomla! admin console to 'development'. Hopefully there will be an error that will help figuring out what is wrong.
Could you also please send me a screenshot of the 'basic options' (article selection part) and 'head: image options' tabs of the module?
I can only guess how your site is setup by what you tell me. The more info the better.
Thank you!

Olivier.

More
10 years 6 months ago #3298 by neiljames
Throwing error message

I have changed from modules anywhere to using {loadmodule}
The site now loads ok but cannot get LNEE to show
Attachments:

More
10 years 6 months ago #3299 by neiljames
Module now loading up using {loadposition}
Dont understand why the modules anywhere is crashing the site will need to talk to NoNumber

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #3300 by admin
The problem may also be, hinted by the error message, the nesting of plugins.
For instance an article calling a loadmodule plugin which is an article calling another plugin...
The module allows the call to plugins so if you call the module from an article and that one of the articles in the module has also plugin calls inside it, then you get into nested plugins.
The loadmodule plugin may not allow nesting or the nesting goes into a loop and eventually crashes the page...

Olivier.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by admin.