Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file tag not showing in selection listbox

More
7 years 2 months ago #4713 by imma
Is it possible that, if a tag is created but no item is yet so labeled, the tag does not show in the selection listbox?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #4714 by syw
Replied by syw on topic tag not showing in selection listbox
Hello Imma,

in the module's configuration, tags only show if associated with an article. If a tag is created (with no association to an article), it won't show.
Are you asking you would like to be able to select a tag that is not yet associated?

Olivier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: imma

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #4715 by imma
Replied by imma on topic tag not showing in selection listbox

syw wrote: in the module's configuration, tags only show if associated with an article. If a tag is created (with no association to an article), it won't show.

Indeed.

syw wrote: Are you asking you would like to be able to select a tag that is not yet associated?

Well, this was my logical expectation as I was preparing a module instance to show items with a new tag; but I can think of use cases where the current approach is more convenient, so take it with a pinch of salt. Knowing the behavior, I can live with it.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by imma. Reason: paragraph spacing

More
7 years 2 months ago #4716 by syw
Replied by syw on topic tag not showing in selection listbox
Actually, it made me re-think about that restriction and I will remove it. There are cases where it would be nice to be able to select a tag that is not yet associated with articles.

Therefore this restriction will be lifted starting with v3.0.2 of the module (a couple days away).

Olivier.