Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

check Problem with mobile display

More
4 years 1 month ago #5199 by schulzdesign
Problem with mobile display was created by schulzdesign
Hi there,

So that the news is displayed correctly on smartphones, I have created an extra module for the mobile display and created an extra position in the template. If I don't do this, the text content is displayed extremely long (over several pages).

Now I have the problem that the news is only displayed on smartphones if I delete the cache beforehand. But that's not the way it is and I don't want to turn off the cache either.

This site: www.schulzdesign.info

Everything works fine on other websites, but unfortunately not on our own website.
Can you help?

I am happy to send you access data for the backend and FTP.

Best regards
Thorsten Schulz

Sincerely,
Thorsten

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #5200 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Problem with mobile display
Hello Thomas,

you do not need a specific version of the module instance for mobile devices.

You have to either:
- set the option 'wrap' to 'yes' in the 'layout' tab under the 'text' section (this will wrap the text under the picture when space is lacking). 
or
- if you want the text NOT to wrap on large screens, use CSS to wrap only under a certain window size (use CSS media queries and .lnee .newsinfo { overflow: unset!important }).

This way, you only have one module instance to keep track on AND your cache issue is resolved.

Olivier.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by syw.

More
4 years 1 month ago #5203 by schulzdesign
Replied by schulzdesign on topic Problem with mobile display
Hello Olivier,

thank you for your support.

Unfortunately, that doesn't work. If I proceed as described by you, there will be no change. Unfortunately, the module is still not displayed on smartphones.

I also need 2 modules because I want to display the image as full head width in the mobile display and in the standard display to the left of the text.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Thorsten

Sincerely,
Thorsten

More
4 years 1 month ago #5204 by syw
Hello Thorsten,

it seems like you put the modules in a position of your template that hides on mobile. The container of the module has a class 'hidden-xs', which hides anything under 768px.
That is probably why you don't see your modules. 

Olivier.

More
4 years 1 month ago #5205 by schulzdesign
Replied by schulzdesign on topic Problem with mobile display
Hello Olivier,

many thanks for your response.

No, that cannot be the reason. There are 2 module positions in the template. Once position 'topnews', which is hidden in the mobile display and once 'topnewsm' for smartphones.

A module is assigned to each of these positions. As I have already described, I can only use the extension if I create an extra module for the mobile display. Otherwise it won't work - on none of my websites.

My problem is still only because of the cache. If I clear the cache, the module is also displayed and then no longer after the update.

Best regards,
Thorsten

Sincerely,
Thorsten

More
4 years 1 month ago #5206 by syw
Ok Thorsten.

If that is a cache issue, it may just be a problem of configuration of your Joomla site or a cache issue I am not aware of (you may have an outside service that caches your pages). Have you tried adding another module (like the core 'latest news' module) in the same template position? Does it show?

Also, my first solution still stands:

- use the desktop version and show it ALWAYS (do not hide it under 768px)
- use the 'Wrap' feature or add manual CSS to that module instance to ensure the text wraps around the picture when container sizes become smaller.

If you need help with manually adding CSS to the desktop module instance, I will be happy to help.

Olivier.