Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Incorporate NoNumber Cache Cleaner

More
8 years 4 months ago #4429 by DaveOzric
Incorporate NoNumber Cache Cleaner was created by DaveOzric
Hello, I need some help understanding if my NoNumber Cache Cleaner plugin can be set up to clean the module photo cache vs having to open each module and change the setting then save and change back.

I have a client who always forgets the thumbnails are cached in the module and contacts me in a panic every few months saying they changed a photo but it will not update.

The Pro version of Cache Cleaner by NoNumbers has some advanced options but I do not know if it's possible to set them for your module. Here is the documentation page if you would look at it. There are quite a few options for custom settings.
www.nonumber.nl/extensions/cachecleaner#3rd-party-cache

Much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #4430 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Incorporate NoNumber Cache Cleaner
Hello Dave,

I do not think any cache tool will help this case.

The fact is, the module picture cache is meant to avoid re-creation of pictures at every single access of a site (which is highly inefficient).

But there is a quick way to get rid of cached images: empty the tmp folder or, even better, if the temp folder is set to be the image manager, delete that old thumbnail and the new one will be re-created automatically without messing with module instances configurations.
The latest would probably be better for your client: if the new image does not appear, go to the image manager and delete the old image (in 'thumbnails/lnee' if you set it to work that way).

A tool deleting the tmp folder at regular intervals would work though.

Olivier.

More
8 years 4 months ago #4431 by DaveOzric
Replied by DaveOzric on topic Incorporate NoNumber Cache Cleaner
Well this cache cleaner does empty folders if you set it to. So what you are saying is if I have this plugin delete the images in the tmp folder it will update the thumbnails next time the page is loaded?

Thanks

NoNumbers Cache Cleaner
Clean Other Folders
Empty tmp folder Select to have the tmp folder emptied when cleaning cache
Custom Folders Enter the paths of extra folders you want emptied. The path should be relative to the root of the site. One path per line.

WARNING: Please use with care. If you enter a folder that has important files/folders, you will loose them when cache is cleaned!

More
8 years 4 months ago #4432 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Incorporate NoNumber Cache Cleaner
Exactly. Images will be recreated if not found.
If NoNumber does it, perfect then!
(sorry, I squeezed my answer between 2 appointments, I did not have time to study that extension before answering).

Olivier.