Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Adding writer and number of articles per writer in selection

More
7 years 4 months ago #4682 by horssen
We are setting up a website that will contain news and columns. We have several writers and three column writers. On the home page we would like to show the latest column of each column writer with use of your animation settings.

For the selection we would like to have the possibility to include the user-ids of teh column writers, so that only articles of those writers will be selected.

Beside that we would like to limit the number of articles per writer to one, so that we will get only the latest published article for each of our column writers.

Is it possible to make this enhancement?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #4683 by syw
Hello,

this is an interesting request and I will definitely look for a solution to your requirements.
I can envision an 'author' field replacing the one that exists right now, with a selection of authors ('all' as default) and an other field that would limit the number of items to show per author (in your case that would be 1).

Olivier.

More
7 years 4 months ago #4684 by horssen
Instead of a number of articles per writer, you could also add a checkbox named per writer behind the show number of articles selectief field.

I think that the most complicated part is the selection of the correct articles per writer and to combine them in one list.

Can you please give me a timeframe of the realization? We really need this development.

More
7 years 4 months ago #4686 by syw
A checkbox per author would not be practical. What if there are more than 50 writers (unlikely to happen but who knows)?

The assumption will also be that a writer is a user considered to be the creator of the article and a member of the 'author' access group.

This needs some thought and realization.
Moreover this is an unexpected development that has to fit in the overall planning of the projects I am working on. I will work on it this week and see what is involved in these modifications. I cannot give a time frame to a project that has not yet been planned.

What is your time frame?

Olivier.

More
7 years 4 months ago #4687 by horssen
We would like to go live in about 6 weeks.

I did not mean a checkbox per writer, but a checkbox behind the number of articles to show that has the meaning that the given number of articles that must be shown is for each writer that has been selected. So this checkbox is instead of another field with nummer of articles per writer.

The selectiion of writers should be as you propose..

More
7 years 4 months ago #4689 by syw
A few weeks is doable to hand you a pre-release version of the module.

Ok for the checkbox. I will think about it, I am not sure this is the best solution as I also want to give the option to set a maximum number of items per category.

Olivier.