Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Filter option

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #6007 by waro
Filter option was created by waro
Hello
I am trying to make a new dog shelter website. On the most important subpage i would like to have article filter option like (Dog or Cat) AND (small OR medium OR big) AND (male OR female)

Is it possible or this would need some heavy coding work ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago - 5 months 3 weeks ago #6008 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Filter option
Hello,

well, what I would do is create custom fields of type 'list' :
- one for the kind of animal,
- one for the size,
- one for the gender.
The information is modified at the article level.

Then you can use those fields as index. These indexes can be created in the 'pagination' tab of a Latest News Enhanced menu item. Create 3 indexes, one for each custom field. People will then be able to select what they are looking for.

Olivier.
Last edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by syw.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #6013 by waro
Replied by waro on topic Filter option
Thank you, it work good. Is it possible to use images/icons next to text? Like image of dog next to dog and cat next to cat in these filter ?

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #6014 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Filter option
Great!

These are standard HTML select fields therefore you cannot add extra attributes to add a class to options for instance.

However, if you were to use the flat list and not the select box for animals, you probably could add icons to the lneplistfield pagination layout (you need to create an override), test for values and if the value is cat, for instance, add the classes 'fas fa-cat' next to the name.

Note that this layout is used for all custom fields of type list used as index, so you'll have to be careful.

If you need help figuring it out, you'll have to send an email to [email protected] and give me credentials so that I can access template overrides.

Olivier.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #6015 by waro
Replied by waro on topic Filter option
Thank you, i send you link to my test site on your email. Please look what i have created :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: syw