Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Item Select with 'finished featured' articles

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #6060 by Wortmann
In Joomla there is the wonderful feature "Start Featured" and "Finish Featured"
This allows me to perfectly control the content on my site.

But with the "Latest News Enhanced" module, I can't control that as well. Because in the selection of articles, I can choose in "Include featured" only "YES", "NO", "FIRST" and "ONLY".

Now, if I use the new feature "Finish Featured" , the article still has the "featured" flag. After expiration, it disappears from the area where only main posts are. But it doesn't appear in the list of articles that aren't featured articles.

Do you understand what I mean? If so, is there a solution for this or is a solution planned?

My idea: in ‘item select’ at ‘Include Featured’ set the additional conditions ‘Yes for finished featured’ and ‘No for finished featured’

Regards
Jens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #6061 by syw
Hello Jens,

I see the issue, but what happens is that Joomla, once a featured article passes the finish featured date, still remains featured. It does not go to the remaining pool of articles.

I'll see if I can add an option as suggested so that when a finished featured date has passed for a featured article, it is no longer considered featured (even though the Joomla core still does).

Thank you very much for the suggestion!

Olivier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.