Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Images and Links

More
9 years 2 months ago #3997 by DaveOzric
Images and Links was created by DaveOzric
Is it possible to use a link from the images and links in the article? This would be very helpful to my situation.

Sorry, I am still figuring out the settings.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #3998 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Images and Links
No problem!
I am sorry I don't fully understand your requirement.
What do you mean when you say 'a link from the images' ?
You need to link somewhere when clicking on the image and somewhere else when clicking in the article?
If so, the answer is no, unless the intro of your articles contain links themselves and you show the whole intro (otherwise html tags are removed).

Olivier.

More
9 years 2 months ago #3999 by DaveOzric
Replied by DaveOzric on topic Images and Links
No, I am not trying to do that.

I am trying to get a link from the images and links part of the article to show up in the module.

So you can already use the intro or full image from the images and links. I would like to use a link from that as well and show it under the image (or anywhere really).

My reason is, I am using the meta description option to show the text under the image in the module. Since you can't use a link in that field I was hoping to still have a link using this method.

Thought it was in the Information area where you can choose what to show. e.g. hits, rating, author, etc. Must of been dreaming.

Thanks

More
9 years 2 months ago #4000 by admin
Ok, got it.

No, this is not possible out of the box.
You will have to add a module override in your template directory for your specific case or make a copy of tmpl/default.php of the module and modify it for what you need.

Note that adding the urls a, b or c in the information details is a good idea. I will see how I can incorporate that in the next update.

Olivier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaveOzric

More
9 years 2 months ago #4002 by DaveOzric
Replied by DaveOzric on topic Images and Links
I guess it doesn't matter. Without being able to show the links on the blog layout page it won't work.

I can only see the links on the article once you open it. In the list of articles on the blog page they are not showing.

However it may still be helpful to someone, or if there is a way to override that then it's the bomb!

Thanks

More
9 years 2 months ago #4003 by admin
You would see the links from your article intro if you did not put anything in the 'letter count max' ('text' section under the 'body' tab) and showing the intro text, not the meta description... and setting 'strip tags' to 'no'.

Olivier.