Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

question-circle Read More link in News Intro area....

More
8 years 3 months ago #4445 by nsheehan
Read More link in News Intro area.... was created by nsheehan
Good morning. I was hoping you might have a quick solution to a problem I have been trying to solve regarding the Read More link. I would like to add a couple of classes to this link but haven't been able to locate the appropriate file to change the default to what I would want to implement based on existing CSS used by the template.

In this case it's some UiKit classes I'd like to add to an "a link " that is added to the bottom of the DIV that contains the class "newsintro".

Can you let me know where I would be able to insert these into LNEE to borrow the existing style?

(Would like to to look like the links for Read More here: yootheme.com/demo/joomla/sun)

thank you and have a happy holiday.

Niall

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #4446 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Read More link in News Intro area....
Hello Niall,

I think that the best way to do this and avoid problems at the next update would be to create a module override.
What you are looking for is located in the file tmpl/default.php (or k2.php if you are using K2 items with the module).

Create a copy of the default.php and look for the code located around line 428 where you can find
<p class="link"...>
. You can add classes after the 'link' class.

If you need the additional classes to be put to the <a> tag itself, you will need to add this line after the <p> tag:
<?php echo $extrareadmoreclass .= ' your_new_class_here another_here'; ?>
This will automatically add the classes to the <a> tag.

I hope this was clear enough, happy holidays to you too!

Olivier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.