Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file 3 questions

More
6 years 6 months ago #4891 by ggaillet
3 questions was created by ggaillet
Hello simplifyyourweb!
I am looking for 3 things:
- how to set a fixed height for the module instead of having it resizing my whole template according to the length of the scrolling content?
- how to link the content or title in order to pop it up in a modal window when clicked? I was able to link the title in a modal window for example, but the window stays open all the time?
- How to activate URL links in the content? I used to be able to do that in the basic version, but my links are now stripped down from my articles.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #4892 by syw
Replied by syw on topic 3 questions
Hello,

here are my answers:

- a fixed height may be a good or a bad idea depending on your configuration. Use CSS to do so: set the height of .latestnews-item. There is no fixed height in the extension for responsiveness throughout (because when shrinking an item, the height grows).
- the modal window should have a cross icon or it may be necessary to 'click' outside the modal window to close it. That depends of the template you are using. You may have a conflict between Bootstrap and another type of modals. The extension uses the Bootstrap from Joomla.
- to activate links in the content, you have to 'play' with the 'strip tags' option (layout tab). If you strip tags, add '<a>' to the list of tags to keep. This will keep links in the content.

Hope this helps!

Olivier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ggaillet

More
6 years 6 months ago #4893 by ggaillet
Replied by ggaillet on topic 3 questions
Thanks for your quick reply Syw.
- For the fixed height, I really have no idea how to do what you said. Hope to see an option someday in the configuration for your module.
- Shouldn't the modal window appear only when the title or item is clicked on, and not appear at first? Or, as oyu said, it is a conflict between bootstrap and another type of modal (which I don't know)?
- got it for the tags. Thanks.

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #4895 by syw
Replied by syw on topic 3 questions
The modal windows should only appear when the items are clicked. If it does before hand, you have issues with the way modals are created on your site. To know for sure, please give me the URL of the page so I can check it out.

One option is to avoid modals, which are not very mobile friendly anyway.

As far as the fixed height is concerned, CSS is easy to apply to your elements ('advanced tab' , CSS overrides).
.latestnews-item { height: XXXpx }
where XXX is the size you want to apply in pixels.
You could also use max-height.

Olivier.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by syw.