Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Open Article in New Tab

More
5 years 10 months ago #4988 by MIW
Open Article in New Tab was created by MIW
How do I set up an article to open in a new tab?
In the Layout/Linking I have the "Title" checked and set to open in a modal window. That works great but I'd like to be able to set it so the article opens in a new tab instead.
Thanks,
Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #4989 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Open Article in New Tab
Hello Michael,

this is not an out-of-the-box feature of the extension.
You will have to create a template override to change the way links point to/create a tab. I don't think opening the article in a modal window will help in this case. The code you need is probably completely different. It has to be tailored to your configuration.

Olivier.

More
5 years 10 months ago #4990 by MIW
Replied by MIW on topic Open Article in New Tab
Hi Olivier,
The modal window works exactly how I'd like. I'd just like the ability to have the same thing happen/show in a new tab.
I have articles generated from an rss feed and then displayed with Latest News. The link back to the original news article opens a new tab but it's set that way from the article. The Title link is controlled from Latest News and it seems like it should be an option in the settings.

Michael

More
5 years 10 months ago #4991 by syw
Michael,

I think I misunderstood you. Do you mean a browser tab (or new browser window) ?

You should probably use links A, B or C of the article to set where the article should link to. Latest News Enhanced follows the target that is set in the article for those links. Other than that, the extension uses the content router to create links.

Another way would be to use the Newsfeeds plugin that works with the Pro version.
simplifyyourweb.com/downloads/latest-new...s/file/298-newsfeeds

Olivier.

More
5 years 10 months ago #4992 by MIW
Replied by MIW on topic Open Article in New Tab
Yes, a new browser tab. The other link suggestions won't work because the articles are auto generated by another extension.

The News Feed is why I paid for the pro but it didn't do what I wanted. I'll take another look at it.

If you want to take a look at what I have it's here carbusa.com/
The Title link is created by Latest News and opens a modal window.
The links to the whole article (CNN, etc) are created in the article and open a new tab.

Thanks for the suggestions

Michael

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #4993 by syw
You are welcome Michael,

the ideal would be to have that other extension add the link to links A, B or C other than add it to the article.

To be honest, I don't see anything on your page that could not be done with Newsfeeds for Latest News Enhanced Pro.
Note that Newsfeeds will link directly to the feed and not store intermediate article on your site.

Olivier.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by syw.