Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Is this a LNEP behavior - rotated thumbnails

More
2 years 10 months ago #5452 by mkonop
A user submits data and a photo with RSForm Pro and it is displayed with LNEP. The problem is the thumbnail display. A iphone photo with a vertical orientation is incorrectly rotated 45 degrees counterclockwise. Horizontal photos are ok. Vertical photos saved from the web are displayed properly when submitted, so it seems only IPhone photos (I don't know about other phone cameras) display incorrectly.

The LNEP is linked to a full article with a hidden menu and the full image is displayed correctly regardless of orientation. Does this behavior come from LNEP or RSForm, and if it's LNEP is there a way to correct it?

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #5453 by syw
Hello Marian,

LNEP gets the raw photo from the source. Photos taken from a phone may, well, be rotated because a picture can be taken in any camera orientation. RSForm will get the raw file, no matter the orientation. It has no way to tell that the content of the image is upside down for instance. It does not do any orientation change (as far as I know), nor does LNEP.

The orientation change has to be manually done by the user before submission to RSForm.

I don't have another solution for this use case...

Olivier.

More
2 years 10 months ago #5454 by mkonop
It seems its only the thumbnail that is rotated. I've attached two screenshots.

The first is an image taken with my IPhone and uploaded via RSForms and then displayed in a LNEP blog. 
The image is incorrectly rotated.

The second is the same image taken with my IPhone and uploaded via RSForm and then displayed in a standard blog.  

Also, the photo is in the correct orientation when looking at the RSForm submission list.

If the user rotates the photo prior to uploading, the thumbnail is correct but the photo in the content article is not.

Thanks again for considering this issue.

Attachments:

More
2 years 10 months ago #5456 by syw
What I know for sure is that LNEP does NOT rotate images. It takes the raw image, crops it if needed and returns the thumbnail.

How is the image stored? Do you know where it is located? Is it in the media manager? If so, is it in the right orientation there?

Olivier.

More
2 years 10 months ago #5458 by syw
There is a way to detect rotated pictures, I will see if I can include this test before creating thumbnails and rotate the image in that case.

That will not work if no thumbnails are created and originals are used instead (when head width and height are set to 0).

Olivier.