Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file No modules on Contact Page

More
11 years 10 months ago #549 by roadsider
No modules on Contact Page was created by roadsider
How do I get the modules that are assigned to the TE listing to appear on the single contact page? Help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #555 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: No modules on Contact Page
Hello,
I am not sure I understand your question correctly (please let me know if this does not answer it).
You can show the TE module on a contact page by assigning the module only to the menu item that calls the contact page. If you do not have a menu item for a contact page, create one, assign it to a menu that you will not display and assign the TE module to that menu item.

Olivier.

More
11 years 10 months ago #556 by roadsider
Replied by roadsider on topic Re: No modules on Contact Page
No, that doesn't quite answer it. I have about thirty contacts.

You can see for yourself here:

brynmawrpres.pairserver.com/mainsite/ind...-58-50/pastors-staff

If you click on any of the contacts on this page, you go to a module-free page. I need to have the menu you saw at the original link to appear with the contact or else the visitor has no obvious way to navigate back to where they came from.

More
11 years 10 months ago #557 by admin
What I would do in your case is create 2 TE modules, one for the pastoral staff and one for the support staff.
I would associate each module to the menu item that lists the contacts of that category (if no menu item exists, create one for each contact category, publish them and add the menu items to a menu that you will not display). Associate each module to the menu item that is supposed to show the category wanted and you will see a module when showing the category or a contact.

Olivier.

More
11 years 10 months ago #558 by admin
Note that I am looking into creating a plugin for the TE component that will add a 'Go back to index' link to the standard contact page.

Olivier.

More
11 years 10 months ago #568 by roadsider
Replied by roadsider on topic Re: No modules on Contact Page
Thanks for your help and patience.

This isn't going to work for me. Anytime I click on a contact, I lose the basic navigation within that section, and I can't think of a good workaround for this. The sidebar menu shows the submenus of the main menu. As soon as I click on a contact from trombinoscope, that breaks. The menu module disappears. Is there no way to fix this?