Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file No modules on Contact Page

More
11 years 10 months ago #578 by roadsider
Replied by roadsider on topic Re: No modules on Contact Page
Okay. Now that I understand the limitations, it makes sense.

But as you can imagine, this limitation would be a problem for an organization with more than, say, a dozen people with detailed bio information. Creating, not only the contacts themselves, but associated menu items would be incredibly tedious to create and bothersome to manage.

As the designer of these websites, it pains me to have to explain such limitations to clients who think that you can do anything you want on the web.

Thanks again for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #580 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: No modules on Contact Page
I don't think I made myself clear... You do have to create menu items to categories, NOT to individual contacts. In your case, you have 2 categories of contacts, therefore only 2 menu items to create, not 5 menu items for each individual of the pastoral staff and 35 menu items for the support staff.

Have you tried creating 1 menu item for the pastoral staff and 1 menu item for the support staff and nothing else?

There are really no limitations, the component is used on websites with 100+ contacts. Believe me, the web designers don't create 100+ menu items :-)

Have you tried the suggestion I have made since pretty much the beginning of this thread ( = creating a menu item for each category)?

I really would love you to try this suggestion and make sure you please your client. And believe me, I DO understand how painful it can be to explain limitations to a client...

Olivier.

More
11 years 10 months ago #581 by roadsider
I do have Tromboniscope menu items for those categories, but clicking on contacts that don't have corresponding menu items does not show the side menus.

More
11 years 10 months ago #582 by admin
Well, I think we have a difficult time understanding each other... :-)

I am not talking about Trombinoscope menu items for those categories but the standard Joomla! menu items made from 'List Contacts in a Category'.

Olivier.

More
11 years 10 months ago #583 by roadsider
Sorry but that doesn't work either because is the visitor clicks on that menu item, they leave the trombinoscope layout.

Am I right about that?

More
11 years 10 months ago #584 by admin
Those menu items should be invisible.
Are you talking about the breadcrumbs links?

Olivier.