Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file No modules on Contact Page

More
11 years 10 months ago #569 by roadsider
Replied by roadsider on topic Re: No modules on Contact Page
I have to say that what I really love about Trombinoscope is the layout options it gives me. My client wants all of its people displayed in multiple columns. That part works perfectly. But clicking on the contact breaks the navigation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #570 by roadsider
I'm sorry if this is a repeat post, but I don't see my replies to your message.

I'm afraid that your fix won't work. The main problem continues to be the break in the navigation path when I select a single contact listed in the Trombinoscope layout. The individual contact page is no longer on the right navigation path. The breadcrumbs appear, but the link back to the category takes me to Joomla's Contact component, not Trombinoscope.

The visitor is going to get lost with this setup.

How do I keep the individual contact tied to the navigation path set up by Trombinoscope?

More
11 years 10 months ago #572 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: No modules on Contact Page
Hello,
you don't see your messages because they have to be moderated before put online.
I just took a look at your website again and I can see it is working perfectly to me.
Have you fixed your issues?

Olivier.

More
11 years 10 months ago #573 by roadsider
I just wanted to report that I found a workaround, but it's not optimal.

I created individual menu items for the Pastoral category of contacts. There are only 5 of them, so that wasn't too hard.

Also, on the Support Staff, the names aren't linked to the individual contact. In this case, there's no further information, so there's no use in linking to the full contact.

However, this isn't optimal, because if the client were to post bio info for the staff, we can't show it because of the issues listed above.

If I could, I'd recommend this fix for a future version. It's a fine extension otherwise.

More
11 years 10 months ago #575 by roadsider

admin wrote: Hello,
you don't see your messages because they have to be moderated before put online.
I just took a look at your website again and I can see it is working perfectly to me.
Have you fixed your issues?

Got that.

I found a workaround that mostly works. I've explained above.

If an organization has a lot of people with lengthy bios, using this extension would be problemmatic.

Thanks again.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #576 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: No modules on Contact Page
You are actually doing it the way it should be done (as I had explained above in previous posts), other than you did not have to create a menu item for each contact but creating a menu item for each category is enough. In your case, you just have to create 2 menu items. Have you tried that?

It actually works this way because there is no way to assign a module to a page in Joomla! if there is no menu item associated to it. When Trombinoscope Extended (TE) links to a contact, there is no menu item associated to that contact or contact's category (in Joomla! the only way to show a contact is through a menu item).
This way of doing will always be necessary because we are using the Joomla's standard contact pages. If TE was using its own contact page, this workaround would not be necessary.

Olivier.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by admin.