Login Form

Login or register to buy licenses or to access software previously purchased.

If you are experiencing login issues, please contact us!
Postings

You can freely browse the forum. However, you need a valid license in order to post (own a valid commercial software license or have purchased a support membership).

Posts only show after being reviewed.

Topic-icon Styling of entries and dates

More
2 years 1 month ago #4058 by joomlaguy76
Hello, I recently upgraded from Joomla 2.5 to 3.3. I had previously been using a module called AIDANews to list the latest articles on my website in a column on the right column. An image of how this looked on my old site is attached to this message. However, AIDANews is no longer supported by the author and is not compatible with Joomla 3.

I am trying out your "Latest News Enhanced" module on my new testing site. It looks pretty good. Ideally, however, I would like to get it to look as close to the old appearance as possible. Specifically:

1. Alternating dark/light backgrounds for each entry
2. Right justify the date
3. Be able to add punctuation marks to date like a comma such as "January 2, 2015" or slashes such as "01/01/1995"

Are any or all of these possible? Can someone help me?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #4059 by admin
Hello,

all your requests are pretty simple and require little extra work :-)

Add to the CSS overrides (Advanced tab)
.newsitem .odd { background-color: #CCC; } /* for instance */
.newsextra { text-align: right; }

In the Body tag, set the date format to: F j, Y

Olivier.

More
2 years 1 month ago #4060 by joomlaguy76
Thanks Olivier. :cheer: One more question. With the alternating color, I notice that the text of the article title actually touches the edge of the background color (see attached image.) Is it possible to configure this so there is a small buffer at the edges so the text doesn't touch?

Also, would be it possible to have a thin horizontal line between each entry, as in my picture?

Thank you again. I appreciate your help and apologize for my lack of knowledge (so far).

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #4061 by admin
You are welcome!

You can add padding to the news like so:
.newsinfo { padding: 5px; }

And lines like so:
.newsitem:first-child { border: none; }
.newsitem { border-top: 1px solid #CCC; padding-top: 5px; }

Note there is an issue with my stylesheet, I will have a fix for it later. Send an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I will send you the updated module (it prevents space between the colored item and the horizontal line) - so if you don't see all the lines, it is 'normal'.

Olivier.
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by admin.