Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Styling of entries and dates

More
9 years 1 month ago #4058 by joomlaguy76
Styling of entries and dates was created by joomlaguy76
Hello, I recently upgraded from Joomla 2.5 to 3.3. I had previously been using a module called AIDANews to list the latest articles on my website in a column on the right column. An image of how this looked on my old site is attached to this message. However, AIDANews is no longer supported by the author and is not compatible with Joomla 3.

I am trying out your "Latest News Enhanced" module on my new testing site. It looks pretty good. Ideally, however, I would like to get it to look as close to the old appearance as possible. Specifically:

1. Alternating dark/light backgrounds for each entry
2. Right justify the date
3. Be able to add punctuation marks to date like a comma such as "January 2, 2015" or slashes such as "01/01/1995"

Are any or all of these possible? Can someone help me?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #4059 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Styling of entries and dates
Hello,

all your requests are pretty simple and require little extra work :-)

Add to the CSS overrides (Advanced tab)
.newsitem .odd { background-color: #CCC; } /* for instance */
.newsextra { text-align: right; }

In the Body tag, set the date format to: F j, Y

Olivier.

More
9 years 1 month ago #4060 by joomlaguy76
Replied by joomlaguy76 on topic Styling of entries and dates
Thanks Olivier. :cheer: One more question. With the alternating color, I notice that the text of the article title actually touches the edge of the background color (see attached image.) Is it possible to configure this so there is a small buffer at the edges so the text doesn't touch?

Also, would be it possible to have a thin horizontal line between each entry, as in my picture?

Thank you again. I appreciate your help and apologize for my lack of knowledge (so far).

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #4061 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Styling of entries and dates
You are welcome!

You can add padding to the news like so:
.newsinfo { padding: 5px; }

And lines like so:
.newsitem:first-child { border: none; }
.newsitem { border-top: 1px solid #CCC; padding-top: 5px; }

Note there is an issue with my stylesheet, I will have a fix for it later. Send an email to [email protected] and I will send you the updated module (it prevents space between the colored item and the horizontal line) - so if you don't see all the lines, it is 'normal'.

Olivier.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by admin.

More
1 year 11 months ago #5650 by joomlaguy76
Replied by joomlaguy76 on topic Styling of entries and dates
Olivier,  I've successfully upgraded to Joomla! 4 and wish to continue using your excellent Latest News Enhanced extension.  My goal right now is to reconfigure my lists to recreate the appearance shown in the attached image.   I tried applying the change discussed earlier (years ago) in this thread but it doesn't seem to be effective in the current version.

I'm happy to compensate you for your time in helping me.  Please let me know if it would be better for me to do so via upgrading to Pro or just making a donation.  Whatever is easiest for us both.  I really appreciate your help and I think $9.95 for a personal help membership is not enough money. You should charge more for your time.
Attachments:

More
1 year 11 months ago #5651 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Styling of entries and dates
Hello :-)

It looks like you have an error that comes from the fact that you have not upgraded Latest News Enhanced. You need to download the Joomla 4 version and follow the instructions from simplifyyourweb.com/documentation/latest...rom-joomla-3-10-to-4

The styles applied years ago should still be valid.

Olivier.