Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file JCE Conflict

More
11 years 8 months ago #840 by tom_il
Replied by tom_il on topic Re: JCE Conflict
same problem on my site running latest joomla and jce. I use jquery easy to solve a conflic on the frontpage which works perfect.
Also have the problem when someone wants to submit an article via the frontend. so i disabled jquery easy on that page.
But I cant seem to be able to get it working on the frontpage alone.

my website is www.flatoutclub.co

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #841 by tom_il
Same issue with JCE.

I am using it to solve a conflict on the frontpage. Which it does perfect.

Disabling Jquery easy on the backend solved the problem with JCE there.
Also had the problem on the frontend when users where submitting an article. So I disabled Jqery easy also on that page.
Ideal I woud like it to have only on the frontpage but wasn't sucessful, not sure what link to use. /index.php doesn't work.

Bit more disturbing was the fact that when I had the conflict the CPU use on my VPS when to 100% and the memory also went to 100% (normally 0.4GB but with the conflict the whole 1G was filled up). At one point I couldn't connect to it anymore with putty and had to reboot the VPS. Anyway to stop this happening ?

More
11 years 8 months ago #842 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: JCE Conflict
Hello,
I am still investigating the issue, it is NOT a simple one, believe me :-)
For the article submission, make sure you have not set the option 'disable MooTools whenever possible' to 'yes', it causes issues in this case.

Olivier.

More
11 years 8 months ago #843 by admin
The 'enable only in pages' option needs URLs like:
www.mysite.com/index.php
(see the documentation where it is explained).
Have you tried that?

Also, using jQuery Easy on any page is very server intensive as the whole page is scanned and fixed using regular expressions. There will always be a hit by using it. I don't know your configuration but the suggestion I have at this point is to see if you can increase your memory and if it improves your issue.

Olivier.

More
11 years 8 months ago #844 by tom_il
Didn't notice any real hit on loading speed.

When I mean my server goes to 100% load on CPU and memory is when there is a conflict happening with JCE. First time it was abit scarry as I have never seen this happening before. Normally I have almost no CPU load and less then half the memory used.

Setting www.flatoutclub.com/index.php as link to enable it only on the frontpage, only works if the link is typed like that exactly in the browser.
Using www.flatoutclub.com in a brower Jquery Easy isn't enabled.
If I set www.flatoutclub.com as link to enable Jquery Easy on, it is enabled on every page.

I have a Jquery problem on the frontpage with Hotimage slider. Jquery easy slowed this perfect.
Am now going to look for an alternative for this module.

More
11 years 8 months ago #845 by admin
Got you :-)
I am not sure what happens with the CPU load when conflicting with JCE... I will try to investigate this.

You are right, when SEO is on, the site shows as www.mysite.com and not www.mysite.com/index.php.
Tricky here, I don't know what I can do to enable jQuery Easy only on the front page... I will have to try and find a solution here. Any suggestion appreciated!

Olivier.