Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

exclamation-circle Animations

More
11 years 3 months ago #1504 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Animations
1 - In Joomla! 2.5, when clicking on the column 'ordering', arrows appear and a 'save' icon shows up at the right of the column 'ordering' title, alongside a 'desc/asc' icon.
2 - you keep telling me there are 2 articles in the category but your screenshot clearly shows 4 articles. Confusing. The simple fade animation does not use the same code as the other animations so that is why the behavior is different.

Olivier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #1505 by admin
1 - Of course I understand you do not want your client to run into any problem with the order of his articles. The module is reliable but needs to be set right the first time. The screenshot you attached shows what I was trying to explain earlier, so great that you have done that step. Have you checked the module without animations and tested that the module actually shows the articles in the correct order? Another good test is to use the regular 'latest news' module that comes with Joomla! If you cannot get the right order there, you won't have it in LNEE either.
I do not understand what is the article-manager order for you, as for me, it is what your screenshot is showing.
2 - thanks for the info, it helps understanding, indeed!

Olivier.

More
11 years 3 months ago #1506 by admin
I just went back to your site and it seems to be working fine now. What did you change?

Olivier.

More
11 years 3 months ago #1509 by smosserken
Replied by smosserken on topic Re: Animations
Hi Olivier,

1. Number of articles
The screenshot I added (latest) is from the article category that is used to display articles in the module on the homepage (www.levenshuis.nu/leif/) -> 'Kalender' item.
The module that you see on the 'Kalender' page (www.levenshuis.nu/leif/activiteiten/kalender) shows the articles in another article category. This category contains only 2 articles.
I hope this clears the situation.

2 Issue with animations
I disabled all extra CSS rules in the template css file, but nothing changed. Than I tried to set the animation to scroll to the Top or Bottom. That seems to work like a charm. But when chossing for the setting 'Left' or 'Right' in the direction settings of the animation, the problem occurs (only first article shows).
The same problem occurs when I try to set a 'Left' or 'Right' direction for the module on the homepage.

3. Issue with order of articles (Homepage)
When I check the order in the article manager, than I see that the article order is not the order the articles are displayed atm. Neither the physical order of the articles (from top down : '01-02-2013 ...', '07-03-2013 ...', '24-01-2013 ...' and '24-03-2013 ...') or the article manager order (ordernumber 0 -> '24-01-2013 ...', ordernumber 1 -> '24-03-2013 ...', ordernumber 2 -> '07-03-2013 ...' and ordernumber 3 -> '01-02-2013 ...'). The order in which the articles are displayed now is correct but not consistent with the settings in the backend.
I added a screenshot with the current situation.

Best regards
Attachments:

More
11 years 3 months ago #1511 by admin
Hello,
I took note of all that and will try another test run to reproduce your issues. I cannot really see anything on the screenshot you sent me so could you please send one to [email protected]? Thank you.

Olivier.