Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

exclamation-circle Animations

More
11 years 3 months ago #1498 by smosserken
Replied by smosserken on topic Re: Animations
Hi Olivier,

1. Homepage (article order) :
I checked the order in the article manager and the order is correct (each article has ia different order number from 0 to 3). As you can see now, all the articles have a title starting with a date. The article with the closest date to now should show first, then the article with the following date. Now you first see '24-01-2013 ...', then '24-03-2013 ...', then '07-03-2013 ...' and finally '01-02-2013 ...'. This is not the correct order as set in the article manager.

2. Kalender page (animation issue)

I set the animation now to 'Slide (2 arrow controls at bottom-right corner)'. Only the first article shows. The second never appears.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #1499 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Animations
1 - can you send me a screenshot of the article manager? I cannot see what is going on.
2 - I am confused with the settings here. I can see there should be 4 elements scrolling, only one shows. Could you set the overall alignment to 'vertical' and not 'horizontal'? Also there are a lot of CSS conflicts with your template.

I have been trying to reproduce your issues but all my test sites work as expected.

Olivier.

More
11 years 3 months ago #1500 by smosserken
1. I added a screenshot
2. To get the lay-out on the 'kalender' page according to what the graphic designer delivered, I had to add some extra CSS rules. I added them to the template css file. There are 2 articles in this category. In each article the info of 2 activities is published (using tables to get the lay-out correct). I set the overall alignment for this module to 'vertical'.
Attachments:

More
11 years 3 months ago #1501 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Animations
Thanks for the screenshot.
Could you please click on the ordering field and save it by clicking on the save icon to see if that makes a difference?
I cannot go any further tonight, but what I see is that the module tries to show 4 articles, not 2. So the CSS trick to make this work to your client's specifications may be conflicting with the module. Try the module without the tricks and see if it works that way, before your changes.
Good luck!

Olivier.

More
11 years 3 months ago #1502 by smosserken
1. I can click the column 'Volgorde' (Order) which makes the oredring positions available for change. But I cannot see a way to 'save' this setting. Anyway, this order is the one that appears when going to this category in the article manager.
2. The category assigned to display articles only containes 2 articles. Each article is made up using tables, so the information of 2 activities can be shown (to work around the fact that the module can only show 1 article when using animations. I'll try to disable the extra css rules but I'm quiet sure it won't change anything to the behaviour of the module. I'll keep you informed. Isn't it strange that the modules works correct when using the 'Simple fade' animation ? Then the 2 articles are displayed.

Best regards

More
11 years 3 months ago #1503 by smosserken
Hi Olivier,

1. I changed the article order (screenshot added) and now the articles are displayed in the correct order (-> but still not the article-manager order). I need to know that this feature works correct in all circumstances. It's not workable for my customer to 'experiment' every time they added some articles to get them displayed in the correct order.
2. Just for your information :
The module on the hompage displays 4 articles, the module on the 'kalender' page displays 2 (categories assigned to both modules are not the same). I'll try your suggestion to disable the extra css rules and get beck to you with the result.

Thx for you help !

Best regards
Attachments: