Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Cannot Find How To Display Content

More
3 years 5 months ago #5340 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Cannot Find How To Display Content
Hello Avril,

here are my answers below.

1) if you don't want an image, set 'picture' to 'hide' in the 'Picture' tab of the global configuration. But I am not sure that is what you intend to do...

2) I believe you are talking about the Joomla core Contacts component.
You need to override the language key. This time, since it is in the backend, you need to create a language override on the administrator side.
You should find COM_CONTACT_FIELD_INFORMATION_STATE_LABEL

3) If you just want to show the link icon and not the profile, you need to create a 'link field' (section 'links' in the 'fields' tab). This is for the kind of fields you just want an icon for.

Olivier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #5341 by syw
You can't have a default value with the default Joomla core Contacts component (where data is collected from).

However, you could use your own country field by creating a custom field of type 'text'. That field can have a default. Then use the custom field you have created instead of the core country field in Trombinoscope Contacts Pro.

To create a custom field, go to Components -> Contacts -> Fields (from the side menu).

Note that the contact must be saved in order for the default value to be taken into consideration anywhere else.

Olivier.

More
3 years 5 months ago #5342 by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Cannot Find How To Display Content
Regarding #1, what I was suggesting is to have the option to have a default image or not.  On my site I'm adding logos for the listings and if the company does not have a logo I have no image to add and so I get that warning so I'm not sure how to work around that.

Thanks!

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #5343 by syw
Ok!
You have the option to add a default picture in the global configuration, 'picture' tab.
I will look into how I can modify the behavior so you don't get the message.
Right now, it is either you show pictures, or you don't. I understand what you are trying to achieve.

Olivier.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by syw.

More
3 years 5 months ago #5344 by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Cannot Find How To Display Content
Hi Olivier,

Each company has a unique logo, if I add the default picture for the ones that do not have a logo it's going to look odd.  What we wanted is for each company that have a logo their logo is added, and the ones that do not have a logo then no picture is showing and there is no warning message.

If this is not possible right now, maybe in the future this is something you can consider changing for flexibility?

I guess for now I will put a transparent image or something as the default so we don't get that warning message.

Thanks!.

More
3 years 5 months ago #5345 by syw
I was going to suggest a default transparent image or a template override of the contact view. I am preparing a bug fix release and I am thinking of showing the warning ONLY when the shared option 'Show errors' is set to yes. Like that users won't see it.
It's just a matter of a week or 2 before the release.

Olivier.