Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

exclamation-circle Animations

More
11 years 3 months ago #1488 by smosserken
Animations was created by smosserken
Hi Olivier,

I purchased the 'Latest News Enhanced Extended' module a few weeks ago. I'm using it on a customers site : www.levenshuis.nu (menu-item 'Activiteiten > Kalender' and homepage). On the 'Activiteiten > Kalender' page I have an issue with the animations. I read that for now only 1 item is dipslayed at the same time when using them. So I made a small workaround to have 2 activities published one next to the other by putting them together in 1 article and separating them using some CSS to show the visitor there are 2 activities displayed on the page. When using any animation type - except for the 'Simple fade', the first article displays, it moves away (according to the selected animation) but the second article doesn't display. There is just an empty page for the time set to go to the next article and when that time has elapsed, the first article displays again. Now I'm using the 'Simple fade' animation to avoid the problem. But for the visitors it would be better to see the article move and the next one come, so I'd prefer to use another animation (Slide - 2 arrow controls right bottom). I'd customize the arrows to make them look like the ones you see atm on that page (but are only a visual item without any functionality).
It would be great to hear soon from you so I can solve this problem and get the module work as the customer expects it to work.
This said, I must admit that I like the extension very much. I'm looking forward to be able to display more than one article at a time in the same window using animations too. That would make it complete and much easier to work with than all the others I checked out on the JED.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #1490 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Animations
hello,
first of all, thank you for using Latest News Enhanced Extended. There are a number of improvements that are planned and having an animation for more than one article at a time is in the works. As is K2 support. I expect these to be ready by the end of this month. Development for this module has been on the back burner for a while as it gets little attention by the community despite being a very powerful module. I do understand your needs and I appreciate your patience until I get the next update out.

Olivier.

More
11 years 3 months ago #1494 by smosserken
Replied by smosserken on topic Re: Animations
Hi Olivier,

Thx for the info. I'm looking forward to the next release. But I think there is a little misundestanding in the issue occuring atm. In the setup now only one article is showing at the time. In total there are 2 articles in this category. So when using one of the animations, it should display each of those 2 articles for the time set in the animation-settings. But the only animation that works correct is the 'Simple fade'. When selecting one of the other animations, only the first article shows. After the time set in the animation-settings it moves aside and the second article should appear. But that doesn't happen, and an empty page shows. After the time set in the animation-settings passes, the first article shows again. And so on.
Any ideas why this is happening ? (I don't get any JQuery errors).
I have also another question about the order in which the articles should show. I selected the 'Desc' option, so the module should show the articles in the selected category in descending order. But the articles aren't shown in that order. It appears to be a random order (but always the same). I tried all the other options but nothing worked the right way. As the displayed articles are about activities organised by the customer, it is important to display them in the correct order.

Many thx for helping out !

Best regards

More
11 years 3 months ago #1495 by admin
Yes, I misunderstood your first issue apparently. But I do not really see why this would happen. Do you, by any chance, could give me the live URL of the site so I can check this out? I cannot really diagnose anything without seeing the code.
As for the order of the articles is concerned, what are you trying to achieve? When you select 'order desc', the articles are shown sorted by their ordering number, in descending order. That should be the behavior you are encountering and that may not be the order you are seeing in your admin console.

Olivier.

More
11 years 3 months ago #1496 by smosserken
Replied by smosserken on topic Re: Animations
Hi Olivier,

URL : www.levenshuis.nu/leif/activiteiten/kalender

Now it is set to animate the articles in 1 category (2 articles in total) using 'Simple fade'. But it would be much better for the visitors if I could use the animation 'Slide with 2 buttons downright'.

About the order of the articles :

URL : www.levenshuis.nu (item 'Kalender')

In the article manager (admin side) these articles are ordered in a certain way. But of course there is also the article-id. Where is the module ordering on ?

Best regards

More
11 years 3 months ago #1497 by admin
Thanks for the links.
I would need to see the animations that do not work to understand the problem.
In the article manager, the field used by the module is the 'ordering' field you can see when listing the articles. If you never specified an order, you may have articles with the same ordering number.

Olivier.