Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Completely lost- Could somebody help me out?

More
11 years 5 months ago #1211 by admin
Thanks Katie, it is very well appreciated :-)

Olivier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1212 by admin
I think you should turn off jQuery in the parameters of the music module, it will make your page faster as the jQuery Easy plugin won't have to delete the extra library. Then, have you tried the 'automatic CSS' option? That is where the styles are. This music module is proprietary, so most likely nobody else has made skins for it. Let me know if you see any difference. In order to modify the style of the module, you will need some CSS knowledge...

Olivier.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1217 by ktbgreat2
Replied by ktbgreat2 on topic Re: Completely lost- Could somebody help me out?
Hi!

Yeh Ive had the settings on "Automatic Css" most of time, until just before I last posted to you. The only difference that I could make in the css files was to make the "skin" slightly wider, and shorter in height. I experimented all night, last night with the css files in the modules package, and could not get anything close to their demo.

Actually Ive just unzipped the module file on my computer to see whether some files werent uploaded, but actually everything looks fine. The thing thats really been bothering me is those "ticks" showing on mine, and that seems to show up also when I upload other modules like my kunena forum last week (before it was fixed by their support). Its like theres a file on my system that is an automatic style for these modules. Do you know what I mean? Maybe the music collection site demo version has one of those files that automatically styles the module to their template... like a chameleon file somewhere... Im just guessing now really!
Sorry for bothering you with this, I just wasnt sure if it was jquery issue or module issue.. Shame I cant download skins easily, then this would be a sinch!

More
11 years 5 months ago #1218 by admin
It actually probably is a conflict with the stylesheet of your template, this is often what happens. The template has all styles for the website so it may override the ones from your modules. Use a tool like firebug in Firefox (or even use Firefox developer's tools) for instance and you will be able to see what styles are applied to what element of the page. You will probably see the styles applied from the template...

Olivier.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1219 by ktbgreat2
Oh ok, I just installed firebug and I think I found out what style its using. Ive attached a pic of what I found for you.

I guess this module is getting its style from the "module css" and "reset css"... am I reading that right?

So if I play with these files maybe I can make a difference with my module? Any idea what the tick is?

Thanks again for your help, really has been appreciated :)

Kate
Attachments:

More
11 years 5 months ago #1220 by ktbgreat2
Oh but if I move the mouse down a little bit, I just noticed that the style from the module shows in Firebug (attached pic)

Krikey bit confusing for this noob!
Attachments: