Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Cannot Find How To Display Content

More
3 years 5 months ago #5328 by MyWorld
Cannot Find How To Display Content was created by MyWorld
Sorry but I can't seem to find any tutorial or Doc related to Trombinoscope Contacts Pro version regarding what I am trying to do.

I'm trying to have the page look like Demo 3, where I have some information on the listings (grid) page, and when you click on "More Information" you see the rest of the info.

I'm using it for a business listing, and I selected the GRID option on the menu but all I see is the Name and no other information.

Can you please point me to or tell me how to get certain information on the listings page, for example, Business Name, Contact Name, Address, when when I click on "More Info" I see all the information that is on the listings page plus the rest of the info that is entered for that contact.  Basically similar to Demo 3.

demo3.simplifyyourweb.com/trombinoscope-extended/business

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #5329 by syw
Replied by syw on topic Cannot Find How To Display Content
Hello!

indeed, the quickstart guide only shows how to create a module.

In your case, you need to create a menu item of type 'trombinoscope (grid)'.
simplifyyourweb.com/documentation/trombi...s/view-trombinoscope

The key elements:
- select which items to show in the 'filtering/item selection' tab.
- in the 'grid layout' tab
  • set the card width (in percentages: like 30% to allow 3 in a row maximum),
  • set the min and max widths (so the cards don't get too wide or too small),
  • link to 'contact (Trombinoscope Contacts Pro)'.
- in the 'picture' tab, set the alignement (left for instance). If so, set 'orientation switch width' to the width of the card under which you want the picture to go on top of the info).
- in the 'information' tab, select which info you want to show.

On name click, the contact will show the all information you have set in the global configuration of the extension (simplifyyourweb.com/documentation/trombi...configuration/layout).

Hope this helps!
Let me know if you have any other question :-)

Olivier.

More
3 years 5 months ago #5330 by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Cannot Find How To Display Content
I've made progress and I'm very happy with it so far.  Thank you very much!!

I have a few more questions:

1) Where do I change the text "Enter Text Here" in the search box?

2) I don't see the "back button" when I'm on the details page although I selected under "Page Display" in Global Options.

3) Is there a template for the details page?  I would like to set it up a bit different from the listings page if possible.

4) I'd also like to display a map on the details page.  I choose "Auto Map = Yes", the map is not showing so I'm not sure what I'm missing?

5) If I want to add the contact form on the details page how do I do that.  I selected "Contact Form = Show" but I don't see it.

Thanks!

More
3 years 5 months ago #5331 by syw
Wonderful! I am glad you like the extension :-)

1 - you need to create a language override if you want to change the value. The key to change is COM_TROMBINOSCOPEEXTENDED_SEARCH_TEXT.

Go to extensions -> languages -> overrides.
Create an new override for the language you want (like 'English - site').
Search for the value 'Enter Text Here', which will give you the keys that set that value. Get the key for trombinoscope and create your override for that key.

2 - You have a back button IF you enable the system plugin 'Back to view'.

3 - There is only one template available at the moment. It is set in the Global configurations of the extensions, under theming. You can also override the output by creating a template override (more involved, you need to know PHP).

4 - To show a map, you need to select 'Map' under the layout tab (one of the options of the 'space' parameters).

5 - Same as above, select 'Form' from the list of items you can show for each contact for the parameters 'space 1', 'space 2', ...

Olivier.

More
3 years 5 months ago #5332 by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Cannot Find How To Display Content
Regarding #2:
Because I'm working on the page I refresh it to see the changes.  I notice that when I'm refresh the page the "Back" button disappear.  It's not a big deal as I don't think users will be refreshing the page but just letting you know.
I can send you the URL so you can see it if that helps.

Regarding #5:
I'm still not seeing the Form.  This is in the Global Configuration - correct?  I have Contact Details, Map and Form.  Contact Details and Map is showing but not the form.

Other:
I add a map on the background but  I only want the map on the details page but it has the same page itemid as the listings page so it's showing on the listings page as well.  Is there anyway to only have it show on the details page?

Thanks!

More
3 years 5 months ago #5333 by syw
Ok :-)

#2: it is expected. You can't go back to the menu where there is the list of contacts if the last page is the contact itself. That is why the back link disappears.

#5: if the contact does not have an email address, the form won't show. Maybe it is the problem ?

Other: I don't understand, sorry. There is no relations between the contact details page and the contact listing, so I don't see why showing the map in the contact details page can also show the map in the listing page.

Please give me the URL where I can see the behavior. Thanks!

Olivier.