Are you enjoying the extensions? Did you like the support? Help others decide.

Leave a review

file Completely lost- Could somebody help me out?

More
11 years 4 months ago #1183 by ktbgreat2
Hi there!

I am completely confused about something on my site at the moment and thought Jquery would help but, still I havt no idea what to do!

Basically, I have a plugin called "Music Collection" on my site, which has a module that needs Jquery. Unfortunately, Im not getting help from the plugin developers so Im trying to do this myself so far. The module "Random and Featured Albums (charts)" heading is showing but besides that the entire module is empty.
In the settings it says their may be compatability problems if I have other features on my site using jquery. I have checked all of my modules, and disabled all that I have seen. But still that module does not show...

This leads me to you guys! I was hoping this plugin would somehow help bring the jquery info for that module forward. Im not at all sure of what to put in all those settings in your plugin, to make this work.

Id sooooooo appreciate it if somebody with a spare few minutes would look into this for me!

Any help at all would be a bonus,

Thanks so much,
Katie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #1193 by admin
Hello,
I can take a look but you need to give me the URL of your site so I can see the source code to try and diagnose what is going on. Thank you!

Olivier.

More
11 years 4 months ago #1197 by ktbgreat2
Replied by ktbgreat2 on topic Re: Completely lost- Could somebody help me out?
Thank you thank you thank you!!! My site is chasingprops.com and Il be happy to send ftp details too if you need them :)

Thanks again so much, I have been stuck with this for days!

Cheers
Katie

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #1199 by admin
No problem Katie,

you have at least 3 jQuery libraries loading on your page... no wonder you have trouble...

I will assume you have jQuery Easy enabled. Only work on the frontend options.
In the basic options you need to only enable jQuery version 1.7.
In the advanced options, in the jQuery options, add
/plugins/system/jquery/jquery/jquery.php?version=1.7.1
to the list of 'strip remaining scripts'.
Leave the defaults values for the other parameters ('strip no conflict' to 'yes', 'add no conflict code' to 'thru script').

Make all those changes, see if it makes any difference and get back to me. Other tweakings may still be needed afterwards.

You also seem to have the plugin 'lazyload' loaded several times on the page... I don't know where it is coming from.

Olivier.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by admin.

More
11 years 4 months ago #1203 by ktbgreat2
Replied by ktbgreat2 on topic Re: Completely lost- Could somebody help me out?
Hi "Admin"!

Thanks so much for having a look for me, I truly appreciate it. I added that code in Jquery Easy Plugin and made sure those other settings were right.. But something is still not quite right :( The link below is the page that Im testing to try to get the module "Random and Featured Albums (charts) verts" showing. But still nothing.

chasingprops.com/c/12-chuck/33-chuck-season-2-episode-2

I also looked at the lazyload plugin, and I only see the one plugin, so not sure what happening there. I know it came with my Template though, so not sure whether its necessary.

Thanks again.. great karma heading your way!

Cheers
Katie

More
11 years 4 months ago #1204 by admin
One thing: jQuery Easy is not enabled on your site...
Please enable it and get back to me!

Olivier.