You do not need to uninstall the extensions before updating them. In fact, by uninstalling them, you will lose all configurations (module instances...).
Before updating, make sure you read the change logs and are aware of potential backward compatibility issues.
Cached scripts and styles are removed on update. Updates fix issues, add features and/or improve performance and these wouldn't be reflected unless all cached files are re-generated.
When updating to a major version of the component or free module, it is good practice to check if themes you have downloaded separately are still up-to-date with the version you install.
Migrating to v3.0 from v2.15.x
v3.0 is a major update with significant changes. There is no automatique update from previous versions to avoid issues on live sites. DO NOT UPDATE ON A PRODUCTION SITE, TEST THE MIGRATION FIRST.
- Theming has been improved. Themes 1, 2 and 3 have been removed and can be re-created with the original theme through the additions of new parameters. Theme 4 needs to be re-installed after the update to v3.0 to comply with all new changes. The Picture Background theme is now integrated with the extension (no additional download necessary).
- Template overrides you have created will most-likely break. Deprecated and backward compatible code has been removed, which is why the overrides will probably fail to load properly.
- Tooltip information has changed. Fields now show the field label as a tooltip.
Before installing v3.0, follow these steps for the smoothest transition possible:
- Make sure you have at least version 2.13.x of the extension installed.
- Remove or rename the template overrides you may have created (under the
html/layoutsfolders of your template). Make a list of all changes you have made in order to replicate them if necessary.
- Pro Pagination index code has been deprecated. Make sure you set all Trombinoscope views to use the new positioning. Place the index into the respective positions 1, 2 and 3 at top and bottom to reflect your old configuration. If you fail to do so, the views will temporarily loose category, tag, sort filter and alphabetical index positioning (until you reset them in v3.0).
- Optional: if you use Theme 4, download the new (made for v3.0) version from this site (code name Canary).
- Optional: if you use Theme 3, download the background image from this site if you want to still use it.
- Optional: if using themes 1, 2 or 3, select the original theme in all views and instances instead (you can skip this step, nothing will break as long as you have set 'reset headers' to 'no' in your instances).
After installing v3.0, you may need to:
- install Theme 4 (Canary), if you previously downloaded it,
- Set 'Reset headers' to 'yes' for your instances before making any changes to the themes or else you won't see any change. Ideally, you just have to set 'Reset headers' to 'yes' in the global configuration of the extension, while modules and views have 'Reset headers' set to 'global'.
- if you were using themes 1, 2 or 3, set the new parameters to re-create them from the original theme,
- if you were using Theme 4 or Slide Blinds, you need to re-select them in your instances,
- Pro set the new picture scale parameter in global configuration or contact views if the picture was rotated. The scale allows you to reduce the image size to ensure the picture is not cut out in the layout.
Migrating to v2.15.x from v2.14.x
Update your template overrides to get the latest accessibility fixes and new features.
Migrating to v2.14.x from v2.13.x
Bootstrap compatibility involves changes in the content outputs. All layouts, views and module outputs have been redesigned. If you have template overrides, they will not break but will not reflect and not take advantage of the changes made until you modify them.
Migrating to v2.13.x from v2.12.x
Update your template overrides to take advantage of all the fixes. Pro In particular, update the directory views overrides to take advantage of the new search/clear fields layout.
<address> html tag has been removed from addresses' output (improper use).
Migrating to v2.12.x from v2.11.x
Pro Layouts are now placed in sub-folders to become visible and easily accessible in your template's overrides tab. You will need to move your overrides into identically named folders (your overrides won't be visible until you move them). For more information, check the layouts section in this documentation.
Pro Forms will get the consent confirmation fields if you update the contact form template overrides, if you have any.
Pro The consent plugin will only install under Joomla 3.9.0 and over. If you plan to use the consent plugin, hold updating to v2.12 until your site has been moved to Joomla 3.9 (or you will need to re-install Trombinoscope Contacts Pro).
Free Pro Tooltip, image and frontend edition improvements will only be available if you update all your template overrides, if you have any.Pro
Migrating to v2.11.x from v2.10.x
If you want to take advantage of the new features for the contact views, make sure you update the contact view overrides, if you have any.
Starting with this version, you can now use the new download id that is associated with the extension. This will allow you to make one-click updates through the Joomla installer, without the need to download the updates manually.
Go to Extensions -> Plugins and select the Installer type.
Enter the download id (found on the site under 'My purchased licenses' once you are logged in) in the enabled Trombinoscope Contacts Pro installer plugin.
Migrating to v2.10.x from v2.9.x
If you want to take advantage of the new features for the category index selection box, make sure you update the category index layout override, if you have any.Pro
Migrating to v2.9.x from v2.8.x
To take full advantage of the latest improvements (sort) and fixes, you will need to update the template overrides for the Trombinoscope (grid) view and the tcpicons layout .Free Pro
Migrating to v2.8.x from v2.7.x
The major internal changes applied in this release all have backward compatibility. Nothing will break BUT if you want to take full advantage of the latest improvements, you will need to update the template overrides and the additional themes that you have downloaded from this site.Pro
Migrating to v2.7.x from v2.6.x
Name, categories and tags in Contact views are now set in 2 places: at the page level (Page Display tab) and at the information level (Contact Information tab). Therefore any CSS used to hide name, categories and tags at the page level are no longer necessary.
Note Values (for categories and tags) that were previously set in the Page Display tab are the ones that are now set in the Contact Information tabPro
Migrating to v2.6.x from v2.5.x
Contact views have been reworked, improved and simplified, therefore all contact view overrides (column and tab layouts) need to be checked to reflect those changes.Free Pro
Migrating to v2.5.x from v2.4.x
The caching of stylesheets and scripts has gone through a total rewrite. It is no longer necessary to change file permission access on websites that have very tight security rules. If you have setup file permission access for the files of this extension, you can now safely remove them from your server configuration.
You may still, however, run into access permissions under the new caching system. In that case, it is just a matter of granting access to (or
/cache folder created for the extension.
Since stylesheets are now located into the
/cache, relative paths to theme's background image and fonts are
broken, therefore you need to re-install the themes downloaded separately. If you do not use background images for your contact cards or do not use themes 3 and 4, you may ignore this notice.
Migrating to v2.0.x from v1.x
The new version is a complete rewrite, therefore, by updating to this version, you will loose most configuration settings. You should consider testing the module first. DO NOT UPDATE ON A PRODUCTION SITE.Pro
Migrating to v2.0.x from v1.5.4+
The component can be easily migrated from the v1.5 series. Still, DO NOT UPDATE ON A PRODUCTION SITE. Test the migration first.
It takes a few steps to make sure the update goes smoothly.
Those steps need to be done in the following order:
- [optional] Update the external library to the latest version if this has not been done previously,
- Install Trombinoscope Contacts Pro v2.x (it will modify database data when necessary),
- [optional] Update additional themes for v2 if installed for v1.5 (themes 2, 3 and 4 will have to be re-selected in menu and module instances if not done at this stage)
- [optional] Go to the content plugin Add key contact fields if enabled in v1.5. Check the parameters (make sure the 'company' field is enabled) and SAVE (if not done in proper order, the 'company' field will have to be re-selected in menu and module instances),
- [optional] Go to the user plugin Edit contact in profile if enabled in v1.5. Check the parameters and SAVE,
- Go to all Trombinoscope Extended menu items created in v1.5 (now called ‘Trombinoscope’ views). Check the parameters and SAVE,
- Go to all Trombinoscope Extended module instances created in v1.5 (now called ‘Trombinoscope Contacts’). Check the parameters and SAVE.
The migration is complete at this stage.
Checking the parameters is important in the previous steps.
For instance, the formatted address has been removed and only the fully formatted address remains. Therefore you may need to select the new field.
Icon packs have also been removed and are replaced with icon fonts.
The CSS overrides need to be checked out as stylesheets prefixes
.trombinoscopeextended_[module id] have been changed to
.te_[module id] for the module. For the menu items,
.trombinoscopeextended_component prefixes have been changed to