This plugin is meant to replace the standard contacts smart search (finder) plugin that is packaged with the Joomla platform.
Instead of linking the contacts to the Joomla standard contact pages, it links them to the pages created with Trombinoscope Contacts Pro (by default, it uses the global configuration).
- The plugin ‘Smart Search - Contacts’ needs to be disabled to avoid duplicated results.
- If you create a custom field with alias summary, the value of that custom field will be used as description for the search results.
- The indexing is not limited to the standard contact fields. Some additional fields are included (
- Ordering the smart search plugins (in the administrator console) has an influence on the search output.
A Trombinoscope view is needed in order to show the contacts who appear in the search results and who do not have a specific associated view (set a default view in the ‘shared options’ tab of the global configuration).
- Re-index the content in the smart search component whenever options in the plugins are modified or it has been enabled/disabled.
You can override the smart search contact output. For more information, check the tutorial Show contact pictures in Smart Search results.